4

_ Please motivate me by voting and making comments. I love reading comments_

Carter's POV

She never changed. Still the same ungrateful hot-tempered bitch I knew. I was doing her a favor by saving her of being charged in illegal parking and yet she was instantly mad at me again. What did I do? It seemed like I could not do anything right with her.

It was a surprise seeing her here in the Old Smith Art Museum. I never knew she was interested in arts. It was a new discovery for someone who only love to party, shop, travel, hang out with friends and squander her parents money. 

A lucky girl who had everything she had served on a golden plate without getting her hands dirty. I glanced at her flashy Ferrari with distaste. Her parents spoiled her a lot. Whatever she wanted, she got it. 

She never went to university either. I heard that she did not pass the Stanford University entrance exam. Who wouldn't? That's for students with academic excellence. The school was one of the world's leading teaching and research institutions. She got the same result on her applications to other universities in New York. 

So instead of getting a proper education, she opted to travel with her friends, having a good time in Asia and Africa. And now, she worked as a model,  posing provocative photos for the world to see.

How could her parents tolerate her actions? She could have helped them in their business.

Yeah, I avoid self-centered and spoiled girls like Athena Niarchos. They only live to enjoy life, be drop dead gorgeous and catch the richest man on earth! 

I went inside the museum and instantly saw Mr. Jameson Murphy behind his antique huge desk examining a small object on his hand with a magnifying glass. 

My late grandfather Enrique Monteiro talked to him about buying his property but he was a very stubborn man and adamant to let go of his museum. The main reason why we could not build a hotel in this area because his museum was blocking our property from the main road. The narrow road leading to our property at the back plus the eerie look of the museum was not very appealing to the tourists especially at night. 

Mr. Murphy called a week ago that he wanted to see me about his property. He was quite a demanding man wanting to see me right there and then. I told him to give me a week since I was still in California for the opening of our new hotel. I sent my lawyer yesterday but he refused to talk to him.

Very stubborn and grumpy at eighty five. I got a feeling that he was ready to sell his property to us now. 

"Good afternoon, Mr. Murphy."

The old man looked up and peered at me. Then he stood up and greeted me. "Hello, young man. Welcome to my museum. What piece of art are you looking for?"

"I'm Carter Monteiro, Mr. Murphy." I extended my hand for a handshake and his fragile hand took it.

"Who?" He lifted his head a little.

My bad, he could not hear me right. I said it again and louder this time. "I'm Carter Monteiro. Remember?"

"Yeah... Yeah. I forgot I have an appointment with you today. Sit down Hunter."

"It's Carter." I corrected him.

"Yeah, Hunter." He nodded and settled back on his chair. 

I did not push him in getting my name correctly. I sat down on one of the wicker chairs in front of the table ready to discuss about his property.