6

--- I'll be in Manila this coming Sept 13 to 18. Hope to meet you guys---

Athena's POV

I managed to find the light and switched it on. Light glared instantly in the basement.

I jolted when I was suddenly aware of my surroundings. My heart pounded wildly and sweat started to form on my nape. I was tempted to run and hide, but the question was, where?

The first thing I saw was a creepy gray-ish yellow-ish standing skeleton in front of me. I could not figure out if it was real or not. But I guessed it was real. Beside was a vintage coffin that resembled those in vampire movies. The cover was slightly ajar and from the look of it, there was someone inside! A dead body?

 The cover was slightly ajar and from the look of it, there was someone inside! A dead body?

I rubbed my arms to ease the goosebumps on my skin.

At the other side was a life size knight in shining armour statue holding a sword, and beside it was a huge frozen tiger baring its teeth and claws ready to attack someone.

I clasped my mouth to prevent myself from screaming. Everything that I was seeing really terrified me, especially the coffin. I always have fear of coffin. I tapped my chest to help me ease my fright. I had to stay calm, I did not want to die of heart attack.

I noticed the glass cabinets attached to the walls. Inside were sculpted images of saints, mostly of Mother Mary in different form. There was also a collection of porcelain dolls. I did not find them cute at all, they looked like those shown in horror movies, giving me chills.

 I did not find them cute at all, they looked like those shown in horror movies, giving me chills

"Plenty of stuff in here." Carter said as he stood up slowly. There was no fear on his face, like he found nothing peculiar in this spooky basement.

My fear easily subsided from 100 down to 50. I was glad I was not alone in the basement, I would probably die of heart attack.

"Are you okay?"

There was a big mark of dirt at the back of his white shirt, and when I looked down at my dress, it had some too at the hem.