Chapter 1

It was a biting night. I regretted leaving that apartment. I should have kept my cool and stayed there till I could find a job and accommodation. Strong gusts of winds blew hard against my face. I was exhausted and starving. I walked down the empty street and sat on the footpath, with my head down. I couldn't believe it. The guy I gave up everything for, ended up bringing a girl to his apartment. He promised me that we would get married and I needn't work or do anything at all as we would be living in the same house and he would earn for us. Memories of the past event started rushing into my head and tears welled up in my eyes. I started crying. I felt like this was the end. All my dreams and hopes for our future, just broken in one day.

It all happened so fast. It was his birthday today. I had planned a surprise for him and acted like I didn't know. I told him I'll be out shopping for the day, but instead, I was at home preparing for his mini party. I baked an amazing cake and decorated the whole place with balloons and ribbons and whatnot. He obviously thought I was out. I heard the door clicking open around 6 PM. I was standing near the table with all of the comestibles prepared. I was so excited to see the look on his face. Then I heard a girl's voice in the hallway.

"Are you sure she's not here? What if she is?"
"Don't worry babe, when she goes out shopping she takes up the whole day. I know her. We can have our time".

I was shocked. I was in the living room when they entered the room while kissing each other passionately. The snow spray can fell from my hand and they stopped kissing to see where the sound was produced from. He saw me standing there with my mouth gaped open.

"How could you?" I asked, trying to find my voice. The words came out squeaky.
"Babe, I can explain".

Without waiting for him to say another word, I just grabbed my bag and rushed out the door. He chased after me, but I kept walking, caught a cab, and went off. I had no particular destination in mind. I just needed to get away from there.

Now, some hours later, I have a couple of dollars left, and no place to stay. I will not go back, I've made up my mind.
I don't want to see that jerk's face ever again.

I was mourning in silence when I heard footsteps. I hugged my knees real tight with my head down, hoping that whoever was there would just go away. The footsteps passed by me, then stopped, and came back.

"Can I help you?"

I lifted my head and saw a beautiful pale-skinned guy towering above me. He had black hair till his forehead, and he was dressed up in a white sweater and black sweat pants.

He looked like a sad angel

"No, I'm fine, thank you".
He shrugged and started walking. I regretted saying that. I stood up with a bolt and said "Ac...actually. I was wondering i...if you could lend me a place to stay for a while..."
I wanted to take back my words as soon as I spat them.
"There is a motel right around the corner. You could just go there", he replied in his husky voice.
"But... I don't have any money.." I said, looking down in embarrassment. "I need a place to stay for a little while until I can get a job. You seem like a decent guy, so I was wondering if you could..."
"Not happening".
He abruptly stopped me mid-sentence with that line. He turned around, and I saw his deep black eyes, shining under the moonlight.