A Sword and Babe

<Chapter 3>

I walk outside to see Robb and Jon still playing. I run up to them, smiling.

"Can I have a go," I ask.

They laugh and I look at them puzzled.

"What is so funny," I ask.

"A girl wanting to fight," Robb chuckled.

And that puts them into more fits of laughter.

"What is wrong with that," I glare.

"Girls can't fight nor can they wield a sword," said Jon, patting my shoulder.

I kick him in the shins and pull his arm hindmost to his back. He crys in pain.

"Mercy! Mercy! Mercy!" Jon whines in pain.

I let go and smirk.

"Can you wield a sword?" says Robb, clearly annoyed.

I pick up Jon's sword and ready myself. Robb swipes me with his sword and I barely deflect it. I had only used a sword three times in my life. He hits me again but i deflect. I become more confident and hit him on the arm. Robb struck me more violently and hit my leg. It hurt but at least it was a blunt, wooden sword. He swipes me again in the stomach. As I duck for another blow from him I hit him in the chest. He groans and falls to the ground.

"Robb!" I scream.

Jon and I kneel beside him.

"I'm sorry Robb," I apologize. "I didn't mean to."

"And I'm sorry for saying girls couldn't fight," he replys.

"Me too," adds Jon, giving me a hug.

Robb struggles to stand up but succeeds in the end.

"Swordplay isn't my expertise," I joke.

They laugh and I walk off. I head to a passageway where us children sleep. We all have our own bedchamber. I walk down the hall to the newest room where the infant Rickon sleeps. I quietly open the door to see Aunt Catelyn cradling Rickon on a seat.

"Hello Aunt Catelyn," I say and curtsy.

"Hello Little Fawn," she replys.

A walk over to her smile down at Rickon.

"Would you like to hold him?" she asks.

I beam at her and nod. She hands me the tiny boy and hold him like she instructs.

"He's gorgeous," I praise.

"Yes he is," she replys. "And you will have one someday too."

I look at her affronted.

"Hopefully a in a long time," I affirm.

"Maybe," she says thoughtfully."Having a child may be painful, but a blessing at the same time."

I give Rickon back to my Aunt and kneel in front of her.

"Will I have to have an arranged marrige like you and Uncle Eddard?" I ask.

"I do not know, that is your fathers decision," she answers cradling Rickon.

Rickon starts to weep so I leave the room. Aunt Catelyn only has so many patience. I leave the room to my own chambers where I collapse on my bed.

It won't be that bad, I repeat to myself into I fall into a deep slumber.