C H A P T E R 16

BOND

ARRAH

Right after she said the words, she pulled my shirt off my left shoulder and bit down thereby marking me. The pain was momentary. A few seconds later, I can feel the skin on where my neck and shoulder meet tingling. Tilting my head to give her access and pull me closer, I had to hold onto her head to keep her to me. I groaned aloud when she unclamped her fangs and released my skin.

However, something was quite different. Attuned to her, I could sense her. It was as if we were finally connected. Unlike the intangible connection we had before, I could sense the bond grow stronger and solidify. Her tongue began to lick the mating mark she has added on my skin.

I must have been moaning like a bitch in heat that it took a collective clearing of throats to bring me back to my senses. Occupying the back of a sixteen-seater van, Kai and I were sitting cozier. Chancing a peek at the passengers in front, I didn't know whether to be relieved that Macey and her parents were not riding with us or be mortified that I was about to be taken at the backseat – with six other strangers present!

Therefore, no matter how wonderful her tongue felt on my skin, I had to push Kai to stop the fun. "Why would you complete the bond in a van full of strangers?" I hissed at her.

She almost placed me in a very compromising position. A couple more licks and I highly doubted I would have stopped her if she took me right here in the heat of the moment. "How could you–"

I thought someone just turned up the heat in here or something because, whew! Kai was looking down on me as her amber eyes glowed.

Somebody murmured, "Damn."

Yeah, hot damn!

Wolf Kai was out and ready to play.

"Looks to me like someone's in hot fiery trouble with a capital K." Another said.

No one had the guts to voice their amusement louder since Kai–wolf Kai, was growling at them. All of the other four passengers sat up straighter and looked ahead. The driver and the one sitting in front didn't risk looking through the rearview mirror.

Satisfied that she properly warned them off, Kai gave me her undivided attention and resumed licking my new mark close. Only true mates have the ability to heal each other's wounds but they could only heal small, non-life-threatening cuts.

Kai was licking the wound close–maybe that was her trying to help with the small superficial wound Sid gave me then.

I kept still until her hands wandered up. Stopping her movements under my shirt, I received a sulky growl from Kai, "Mate."

Groans filled the van and I could almost tell why. Kai was aroused. Her arousal must have been suffocating the other wolves with us. Good thing I didn't have that wolfish sense of smell.

Wait!

If they could smell Kai, they could most definitely smell it on me too. And I'm horny as hell!

Shit!

A mating ceremony was the equivalent of the human wedding. Mated pairs would hold the celebration so the whole pack could share in their bliss. However, completing the bond was intimate. It was after the mating ceremony and the bond perfected in closed quarters, only the wolf and its mate.

The dominant wolf would be the only one to mark its mate. Once healed, a bigger mark identical to the ones on their wrist will appear where the bite mark was. This mark will only be visible to the mated pair. That mark would only appear after their hunger was sated.