S E Q U E L

EXCERPT

EXCERPT

BAKU

Liway, a young woman set above from everyone in my eyes has caught my fancy. She was a curiosity that took seed in my wicked mind and unbidden, proceeded to blossom in my cold heart.

In a community where rules were laid, she remained unbound. Living in isolation by choice, she enjoyed very little gifts the community has to offer. It was later when I learned that though free, she was a slave who worked for the privileged few. Alone, she made her main living by weaving and running errands for the chief's daughter on the side.

Watching over her became a habit, which in turn became a need.

Desire has gripped my heart, though it was forbidden.

Greed has sprouted in me.

I began to want.

Masquerading as a human, I appeared before her as a man. As it was the norm, I claimed the male form. There was no other choice. That was the only way to be with her.

Though try I did to mask it, my inhumanity showed. Pale skin and silver eyes made it impossible for me to walk with her among her people. I remained a secret from them but I cared not, all I wanted was her. Liway embraced my difference and sheltered me in her home.

Every moment with Liway was pure bliss.

Therefore, I shall recant: there was something more to these humans. There was beauty in their existence. There was love in their being.

Eternity granted me something precious.

I loved and was loved in return.