O T H E R B O O K S

BRIDE BY DESIGN

Excerpt

KARYSSA

For someone who was left standing at the altar...

A jilted bride...

I pushed the pain away, "I'm alright."

The signs were always there. I only have myself to blame for the humiliation I had to suffer again today.
I fell in love on my own so it was only fair to hurt alone.

Fairy tale endings weren't for everyone; I knew this at the back of my mind.

I may be foolish for thinking it but I always believed love has requirements; a beautiful face, a kind heart, deep pockets, a backbone - the list goes on. The requirements to be loved in return varied in proportions.

So...

Did I meet the standards?

I had the money to entice her family. I had the backbone to stand by my decision to marry. I have a heart that loves her alone. I just fell a bar under beautiful. One could say I was passable.

Somewhere along the line I must have missed and failed a mark...

Just passable...

Maybe that was the reason why she just passed me by.

* * *

FOR WHENEVER I MAY FIND HER
(On-going)

Excerpt

CATHERINE

Sometimes, love at first sight wouldn't happen and no one could definitely get it right the first time.

Sometimes, your first love wouldn't necessarily be your last.

Then of course, in real life games, cheat codes and, ultimately, cheaters existed.  Unfair? That's life. It wouldn't stop at having the one you love and marrying wasn't the happy ending but the signal of another book starting.

Far from the end.

New chapters. Variety of troubles that popped at every turn. Not all rainbows and butterflies. Still, with the one you love.

'And if there's love, you can do without happiness too. Even with sorrow, life is sweet.'

Dostoevsky must have been on to something when he cooked that quotable quote up.

However, the kind of love some were conditioned and aspired for wasn't that enduring. If it's not perfect then it's not worth fighting for.

But...

'You're in love' so what's a little rain or occasional unforecasted storms here and there?

Love triumphs after all.

* * *