GHOST OF YOU

16| Sunday Church

16| Sunday Church

I glanced at the clock and yawned. Hearing my father move around downstairs, I glanced around to see I was alone. Sitting up and running a hand through my hair, I turned my head to see a rose where Loki would have slept.

Picking it up, I carefully ran my fingers over the thorns. God, I was in love and I admitted it to him.

I had always thought love was dangerous. My father fell in love with my mother and it turn they created me and then that love killed her. No, it wasn't my father's fault but sometimes I felt as though, if I wasn't born.. my father would still have his happily ever after.

Taking the rose to my nose, I breathed in it's scent. I placed it on my bedside table and got out of bed. It was Sunday, the last day of freedom before I would suffer at the hands of socialism and normalism.

I groaned, remembering that my father intended us to go to church.

Moving to the mirror, I touched the necklace around my throat. This necklace was to call Loki to me but now I knew he'd never leave. My brown curly hair framed my face almost in waves, making me feel more beautiful than usual. My freckles dotted my cheeks like constellations.

Moving to my wardrobe, I opened the cupboard doors to see my finest clothes hanging inside. A swift small wind of cold air filled the room and I tilted my head, smiling to myself.

"Where did you go?" I asked quietly.

Loki shifted my hair from my neck and lent down to press a kiss there. "I did some more digging while you were asleep" he replied, gently.

I closed my eyes and leant into his touch. His arms wrapped around my waist, pulling my back flush to his chest. "Did you find anything?" I asked, opening my eyes.

"A clue but I want to investigate it further before I get your hopes up" he replied in my ear.

A shiver ran down my arms, curling inside the spot between my stomach and chest. Slowly, he raised his arms to caress my elbows and up towards my shoulders.

The ball of shivers began to heat as I felt his lips near my ear again. "Where are you going?" He asked, gently.

I didn't want to open my mouth. I was afriad if I did, I would break the spell between us. "Dad wants to take me to church to meet the Briggs family" I replied.

A gasp escaped me as Loki pressed a kiss just under my earlobe. "Don't meet any good church boys while you're there" he replied.