GHOST OF YOU

26 | Epilogue

The room was silent, the chains that tied me to the floor clanked heavily. "You won't be leaving here, ever" a voice spoke from the shadows.

I looked around the circular room but saw nothing but the torches that light up the walls. "Who are you and what do you want!" I exclaimed.

A laugh echoed around the empty space, gathering goosebumps on my skin.

"Are you afraid?" The voice asked.

"No," I replied.

"You should be," the voice said again.

"Reena?" A voice asked, startling me out of my disturbing dream.

"Oh hey," I said to Loki as I lifted up my head.

Concern washed over his face and he sat on tue edge of my bed. "Are you okay? You look sick," he said worriedly.

"Just can't seem to get any proper sleep, I'm having these terrible nightmares," I said, rolling over onto my side.

"What kind of nightmares?" He asked.

Slowly, I opened one eye. "The kind that make you wake up every hour," I replied.

Frowning, Loki pressed a hand to my forehead. "Do you want me to call your dad?" He asked.

I shook my head and took his hand. "No, this is the first time he's been on a date since mum died, I want him to be happy," I said, pressing my lips to his knuckles.

Loki smiled. "Well I'm glad I have you all to myself," he replied, leaning down.

He pressed a kiss onto my forehead, then the tip of my nose and I think we both sighed in relief when his lips captured my own.

We kissed for a moment until he decided to pull away. "So what's the plan?" He asked as he pulled me into his arms.

"Well we could just lay here, order pizza and get frisky," I said with a cheeky smile.

"We could, but we could also assemble the squad and go out for ice cream," Loki replied.

"And have to not touch each other for an entire few hours? Are you feeling okay?" I asked before laughing.

He rolled his eyes. "You're right, that sounds awfully stupid and we should just spend our time in the pleasures of each other," he said before booping my nose.

"You make it sound so perverted when you say it like that!" I exclaimed before chuckling.

"Well I am one hundred and sixty- six," he said with a shrug.

"And you don't look a day over nineteen," I teased back.

He smiled and pulled me closer. "You know Luke has been teaching me a few guy things and catching me up on the modern world," he said as he leaned closer.

"Mhm and what has dear Luke been teaching you?" I asked, arching my back.

"He gave me a book, called the Karma Sutra? He said the ladies loved it and too be a bit rough when they ask for it," he replied.

I couldn't help but snort. "Luke gave you a sex book? And told you that some girls like it rough? I'm going to kill him!" I exclaimed.

"Well that's fine, but I wanted to try some," he replied with a wicked glint.

I pulled back. "Absolutely not, I am too innocent for the Karma Sutra," I replied firmly.

"Since when have you been innocent?" Loki asked.

I gasped and poked him in the side, causing him to laugh. He pressed a hand to my forehead. "You're very warm, are you sure you don't want me calling your father?" He asked, worriedly.

"No, I'm okay, I just need to get a proper nights rest," I replied, resting my head on the crook of his shoulder.

"Tell me about the nightmares, maybe it'll help," he said, entwining his fingers with mine.

"I think it's just left over fear from the trial, I mean we both almost lost each other and I would've lost my memories, what if someone comes after us because it's against nature to be in love or whatever," I said, tilting my head up.

"Then we'll cross that bridge when we get to it, we have Luke, he can kick some serious ghost ass, and you have me, not sure if you remember but I was a Confederate Major, I didn't get that title by sitting on my hands," he replied, before pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"I love you Reena, and I will never stop loving you," he added.

"I love you too, so much."

Closing my eyes, we rested beside each other, sitting up in bed. "I can't wait to grow old with you," he murmured.

I didn't reply because sleep was taking me over. "I can't wait until we get married and have kids, and I can't wait until the day we sit on a stupid porch somewhere, with a cup of tea in our hands watching the sunset," he said softly.

"And I would die a thousands death to be allowed to die with you, to rest in the ground beside you," he added.

I tightened my grip that held his hand. "I love you," I whispered.

"If there was such thing as reincarnation, I know we'd find our way to each other, and if it wasn't, I know even then, I would know that my ghost would still be in love with you, I would be still so in love with the ghost of you." He finished.

THE END

Thank you so much for your love and support for this book. For loving, Loki and Reena, Luke, Aria and Michael.
Thank you for the constant respect for my writings, and kind words you comment.

I love that you loved them. Loki was every girl's dream man, and Reena was all of us. So in love with Loki.

Thank you. Thank you so much.
Tavana xox