GHOST OF YOU

23| You're Grounded

"Where have you been!" My father's voice called out, causing me to look up.

My father's face was fast becoming red and he slammed the front door. Swallowing, I tried to think of something to say.

Seeing a motion out of the corner of my eye, I saw Loki walk into the room. "Answer me, young Lady!" My father snapped.

"Dad, I can explain," I said quickly.

"You better or your grounded for life," he snapped again.

Loki leaned on the door frame. I cleared my throat, coming up completely blank. I gave Loki a pleading look.

"What are you looking at!" Dad yelled.

Whirling around, Loki took a cautionary step back. "You! Who are you!" Dad yelled, pointing at Loki.

Wide eyed Loki looked at me. "You can see me?" Loki asked, shock filling his tone.

"Of course I can see you! And if you don't get out of my house in the next five seconds, I'm going to throw you out!" Dad snapped.

Loki stood rigid, looking at me, unsure what to do. Moving quickly, I pushed past Dad and grabbed Loki's hand. "Dad, please!" I scolded.

My father glared at me. "So this is what you've been doing? Hanging around freaks like this?!" Dad snapped, gesturing to Loki's century clothing.

"Dad, you need to calm and sit down," I said, pointing to the lounges.

He took a deep breath and sat down. Entwining my fingers with Loki's, I glanced at him.
I had no idea why my father could suddenly see Loki and there had to be some kind of explanation but for now, he might as well meet Loki.

"Dad, this Loki," I said, introducing them.

"Good evening, sir" Loki said, his inner gentleman coming out.

My father eyed him with distaste. "I do apologise for your daughters disappearance, you see she was at my house and we were working on a project, she did tell me that she had your permission," Loki lied through his teeth.

He did it so easily. "Did she now?" My father asked, glaring at me.

"I can confirm that," another voice said, walking down the stairs.

All three of us looked over to see Luke, strut down the stairs like he owned it. "I was there, it was a group project," Luke added, before stepping up next to me.

I had no idea where he came from but my father seemed to relax when Luke appeared.

"Fine, but your still grounded, two weeks" Dad exclaimed before standing up.

I opened my mouth to argue but Loki squeezed my hand. Sighing, I closed my mouth. "And these two boys better not be here when I come back otherwise it'll be another two weeks," My father said, giving me a pointed look.

He moved past us and up the stairs, disappearing out of sight. "So what happened now? Why can your dad see him?" Luke asked, sounding completely bored.

"I don't know, I don't know anything," I replied, crossing my arms.

"Where are you going to go?" I asked, looking at Loki sadly.

"He can stay with me, unlike your father, my father doesn't give a shit if I have boys over," Luke joked before walking towrds the door.

"Lets go, Harry Potter," Luke said to Loki.

He walked out the front door and Loki turned to me. "Is it depressing if I say, I'd rather be invisible right now?" He asked, before lifting his hand and cupping my cheek.

I leaned into his touch. "I'll be okay, and I'll come see whenever I can," he added.

"I know but I'll miss you," I replied.

A small smile worked onto his lips. "I love you, remember? Plus I'm kind of stuck with that asshole, so I'm definitely going to miss you more," he replied before leaning down and pressing a kiss on my forehead.

I smiled and grabbed his arm as he turned around to leave. He glanced back at me. "Be safe, and don't let Luke get you into trouble," I said, worried.

He smirked. "You forget I'm the one who's been around a long time, but I will be safe as long as you promise the same," he said with a serious look.

I moved in and squeezed him into a hug, causing him to chuckle. "I'm always safe," I replied, closing my eyes.

A door upstairs slammed and I pulled away, sighing. "I'll see you later" I said with a sad smile.

He let go of my hand slowly before walking away and walking out of the house. The front door closed just as my father walked back downstairs. Stopping on the last step, he looked at me.

"You're exactly like your mother," he said, crossing his arms.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, glancing at him.

"Nothing, just wanted to tell you that," he replied.

I eyed him suspiciously. "Please don't be that father that brings out the shotgun when I bring a boy home," I said, walking towards the kitchen.

"What am I not allowed to be suspicious of any boys that might have bad intentions?" He asked, stepping off the stairs.

"Dad, Loki is old school, like old, old school, his intentions with me are honourable and honest," I replied, opening the fridge.

I felt like I hadn't eaten in years.

"I don't know him, and I'd like to make the judgement for myself," my father replied.

I rolled my eyes before closing the fridge and turning to look at him. "Bit late now, dad, Loki is my boyfriend and you'd better get used to him fast," I said as I moved to the cupboard.

"Boyfriend! When did this happen!?" My father asked, enraged.

"In case you haven't noticed, because you've been rather busy with pleasing the mayor, but I made friends and I happen to like Loki and Loki likes me, I'm old enough to have a boyfriend now, dad.." I trailed, grabbing a packet of chips from the cupboard.

"Nu, nope, you are not, you are not old enough to have a boyfriend, or do anything of any sort with boys, do you hear me?" He asked, stepping forward.

I walked towards my father, and reached out to pat his arm. "You're right, I'm exactly like my mother," I said, as I moved past him.

"So that means you're going to ignore my request?" Dad asked.

"Yep," I said, walking up the stairs.

"God damn it," my father muttered.

A/N

Yay! A chapter! I finally had some inspo!
Why do you think Reena's father can finally see Loki?

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Lots of love, T xoxoxoxo