•13~Arghun•

A/n-Basically, you're a princess from the north and you and your family are visiting to try and form an alliance with Khagan. Your family consists of your father, who is king, your mother who is queen, your older brother, Hadrian (who is about 21) and younger brother, Althalos (who is about 17). You're about 19 and your mother wants to marry you off to a Prince since your kingdom needs allies.
Arghun is the Khagan's oldest child.

Part 1
You were sweating profusely when you were trying to get of the boat. Your kingdom was quite cold, so the thick dress you wore would have been useful at home. You were put straight into a carriage along with the rest of your family to be taken from the docks to the palace.

You had never been to the southern continent so you sat and stared out the window in awe. You couldn't wait to have a look around, once you had got the heavy dress off.
"Mother, when will we be there?" Your younger brother, Althalos, complained non-stop to your mother who had just started ignoring him completely at this point.
"Will you shut up?" Your older brother, Hadrian, snapped and your father began to scold them for bickering over absolutely nothing.

Finally, your carriage was pulled through the palace gates, followed by the carriages that were filled with your luggage and the servants you had brought with you. Once you carriage had stopped your father got out first, followed by your mother and your brothers and finally you. The Khagan and his wife wear stood on the steps, surrounded by their children.

Your father and the Khagan greeted each other as old friends and hugged one another, even though it would have been seen as informal to most. Your mother smiled as your father introduced her before introducing you and your brothers. The Khagan then introduced his children.
"These are my children: Arghun, Kashin, Hasar, Sartaq And Duva." They were all introduced and you curtsied politely. You got up and made eye contact with Arghun. His eyes were dark and he was quite intimidating like his father. You quickly looked back to your family.
"You probably want to change, our servants will show you to your quarters." The Grand Empress said, as the servants began carrying your possessions inside and showing you all to your rooms.

A servant lead you to your room and two of your guards followed close. Some other servants trailed behind with your luggage. Your quarters were close to Althalos' but your parent's room and Hadrian's room were further along the huge corridor. You entered the room after your guards had checked it and you were immediately in love with it. There was a huge bedroom that had satin sheets as it was so hot here. At home, you had to sleep with multiple blankets over you to keep you warm. There was a huge bathroom and dressing room also attached to the bedroom.

Almost immediately, you asked your servant to help you change from the thick dress you had been wearing to a emerald green satin dress. It was slightly of the shoulder and the bodice was slightly embroidered. You then had your hair braided into 2 scalp braids with some hair was left out, so your hair was half up, half down.

Not long after you had finished getting ready, your mother walked into the room to get you.
"Oh, darling." She gasped, giving you a shock. "You look so beautiful, and you will definitely leave a lasting impression on the princes." She winked and you groaned loudly.
"Mother." You whined, becoming embarrassed.
"I'm only teasing, Y/n." She said, before moving your hair to put a diamond necklace on you. She then handed you some matching dangly diamond earrings.
"These are beautiful Mother!" You turned to her, "Are they yours?"
"They were mine, but you can keep them now. They look better on you anyway." She gave you a quick hug. "Now come on, we need to go to dinner."

Your family entered the dining room and were placed in your seats. The Khagan had split you all up along the table, apart from your mother and father, so you had been sat between Sartaq and Arghun. You could tell now that the Khagan wanted to marry one of his sons off to strengthen the alliance between your two kingdoms. It was just a question of which one, since he had 3 unmarried sons.

"So, Y/n. What do you like to do for fun?" The grand empress asked you. You mother gave you a look of encouragement.
"Well, my favourite thing to do is go horse riding, but I also love archery and I can play the pianoforte." You explained, smiling as you reminded yourself of home.
"I also play the pianoforte, it's my favourite thing to do." Duva answered, immediately beginning to like you more. You smiled.
"We will have to play a duet together one time." You suggested.
"Oh, that's such a good idea. We can practice it tomorrow!" Duva started getting overly excited.
"That won't work, Duva. We will be showing them around the city tomorrow." Arghun said, rolling his eyes at his sisters childlike joy. Duva immediately looked disappointed and you realised that Arghun was quite honest and harsh, even with his family.
"It's fine, we can always find a day to practice the duet." You said to Duva while giving her a kind smile.

After dinner, you were taking a walk in the garden accompanied by one of your guards. Even though it was dark by now, it was still warm and the gardens were lit up by the moon and the stars.
"Princess Y/n," You turned to see the Grand Empress rushing over to you, followed closely by Arghun who seemed less enthusiastic than her.
"Hello," You said politely. "Are you both going for a walk too?"
"Oh, I'm not but I'm sure Arghun would love to show you around the gardens." She exclaimed before rushing of after a quick goodbye.

You turned back to Arghun and gave him a sweet smile but he just gave you a blank look. Charmer, you thought to yourself.
"So, are you going to show me around or?" You asked, and he nodded.
"We can go to the fountains since they're my favourite, if you would like?" As he talked, he seemed to be judging you. He kept looking you up and down, and you played with the place on your dress as you were slightly nervous. It felt like his eyes could see into your soul.
"I would like that very much." Instead of offering his arm to you like a suitor back home would, he just turned and began to walk off.

You sped up to catch up with him. Since he didn't ask to link arms with you, you just did it without asking him, even if it was quite awkward. Arghun then looked down at you curiously before looking ahead and smiling slightly to himself.