13

(Gon's POV)

I was startled and woken up by a loud knock from my door.

I jumped out of my bed and went to open it.

"Wait a minute!" I shouted and rubbed my face before opening it.

"Retz?" I was surprised to see Retz and what is she holding?

"Goodmorning Gon!!" She chirped and gave me something.

"What is this?" I asked as I looked inside the plastic bag.

"Wow! Chicken!" I said happily.

"Thanks Retz" I said as she smile.

"I'm happy you like it. By the way can I come in?" She said awkwardly. Oh yeah! I totally forgot that she's still outside.

"Oh sorry, yeah come in."

She gently entered my room like a princess and sat on the nearest couch.
"Uhh. So, what brings you here Retz? You need something? " I asked and placed the chicken on the table.

"Uhh no no. I just brought you the chicken. You see I cooked it and thought that you might want some."
She said looking down and when she looked at me she instantly looked away.

"Oh. Yeah thanks Retz." I said and the room fell silent.

"Uhh. You need water or something? Uhh sorry I don't have foods here yet. You see I just arrived here just yesterday also." She looked at me and her fave brightened.

"Really? So you're new here. Are you in a vacation? " She said not answering my question.

"Yeah I'm new. But I'm not in a vacation. I'm here to find my friend."
I walked and sat infront of her.

"Oh. Your friend is here?" She asked and her eyes grew big.

"Actually, I don't know. I was hoping he's here." I sighed and felt my heart getting heavy again.

"He? Gon! Maybe I can help you! I know half of the people in this town." She chirped and her face looking excited like she was expecting some kind of adventure.

"You'll help me?" I asked. This is great!

"Yes! Of course. But in one condition!" Her eyes grew serious and worry crafted in her face.

Condition?

"What's the condition?" I wish this is not a distraction to my search.

Retz paused and started to shake her fingers.

After for almost ten minutes she finally talked.

"Uhh. You see, I don't want it." She clenched her fists and looked at me solemnly.

What?

"Uhh. What are you saying actually?" I asked and let out an awkward smile.

"I ran away from them! From my Uncle. They want me to marry their son! So I said I have a boyfriend but it's a lie. And they said if I have one I have to show him to them and and." She started to cry and I just watched her.

" So, what exactly are you trying to imply? " I said. I actually kinda know what's gonna happen and I really don't like where this is heading.

"I- if you could... Pretend? So I don't have to run away I could face them and get back my freedom" And that was it I was right.

"Uhh. I don't think so Retz. I don't have ti---"

"Please Gon! Please! I'll pay you! As much as you want! I'll help you find your friend and other things! You name it! Just please help me pretend.Its very important to me. Very! " She cried as she ran towards me begging on her knees and placed her hands on my knees as she looked at me with tears in her big and mesmerizing green eyes.

"Retz? Sssh don't cry. Okay, *sigh* I'll help you." I said. My what can I do? It's the first time I saw a girl begging and I didn't know how pitiful and fragile they could look. I just can't say no. And I can't take my words back.

I brushed her hair with my hands as she looked at me with teary eyes. Her forest green eyes met with my golden brown eyes and we we're caught in a minute and find ouserlves staring at each other.

I noticed Retzs face getting nearer and nearer to mine. I didn't move and seconds later I gulped as her nose finally touched mine. She closed her eyes and I felt cold sweat dripping in my neck. Her breath is hot. Wow, She's beautiful. Her blonde long hair, her long eyelashes wet with tears, her pink lips slightly opened. It's like it's inviting me to kiss it.

I slowly leaned forward to feel her lips and....

Oh shit!!

I pulled myself away fast and Retz looked at me like she has seen a ghost. Her face suddenly became as red as the tomato. I looked away and covered my mouth with my hand. Shit! This is embarrassing! Our lips is so close at each other! Good thing I didn't let it touch.

"*cough* This is awkward. "Ohhh Look! It's a bird!" I said as I pointed at the window.

Wha? The fuck am I saying?! Ridiculous!

Retz didn't say anything and she pulled herself up.

"I'm sorry." Retz soflty said and ran away slamming the door.

What?

"Wait Retz!" Too late. Retz already left.

"Ughhhhh!"

I grunted and flopped myself on the couch.

That was intense!

Did she really wanted me to kiss her?

Man! I should apologize for not kissing her.

Wait what? What am I thinking!

Shit I'm so bad at this!
I should forget about it. No big deal.

I walked and looked at the food she gave me.

Guess I'll just eat. I'm starving after all.