Chapter 7 - He is not a jock

--ANNA--

My first day at school gave me mixed feelings. 

I don't know what made me cry for so long. Sure, I was upset that I became a laughing stock in front of the whole class when I haven't done anything to the guy who picked on me. 

Adding to that, Jason saw me in my most vulnerable state. In spite of his comforting words, I didn't go to my next class; worried that something bad might happen again. 

If it wasn't for Emily who dragged me out of the ladies', I would've stayed there all day sulking.

When I reached the cafeteria, I was shocked to find Jason kissing a girl passionately. 

Of course he would have a girlfriend. With the way he looks, every single girl here would call dibs on him if he broke up with her. But that didn't stop me from being hurt.

However, it amused me knowing that he mistook my silence as being dumb. 

At least, he didn't judge it as arrogance or bitchiness. That's a relief.

Lunch was awkward with Emily's confession and Jason's expression suggested that he knew we were talking about him. 

Finally, it was over and Emily pulled me to the ladies' room strolling towards the farthest cubicle.

"I remembered something. I know a certain green eyed boy who is very attractive" she said, smirking at me.

Shit. I dug my own grave. Someone, please do the honor of burying me.

Putting up a strong facade, I asked innocently "Who?"

"Jason. Right? He was the guy you met" she said excitedly.

"No" I said, trying to sound firm.

She snorted in disbelief "I may not have known you for a long time but I am sure you are lying right now"

"No, I am not" I scowled.

"Yes, you are. I saw the looks on your faces when we discussed the boy. So, don't deny"

"Fine, it was him" I admitted unwillingly.

"See, that was easy. Now confess that you like him too, because I know you do"

Why are we discussing about him? 

Yeah. Because I was stupid enough to tell her about a guy I met and developed an instant liking.

She looked at me expectantly waiting for an answer and I said calmly "He has a girlfriend; a sexy one. Why is it important if I like him or not?"

She sighed "Because he is not serious about her. Their relationship is more---physical"

Ugh. So, he is with her for s*x?

"Since when are they in a relationship?" I questioned coolly.

"More than a year. Almost one and a half, I guess" she replied, shrugging nonchalantly.

WHAT? 

They're in a relationship since almost 18 months and this stupid girl tells me they aren't serious. 

How can that be??

Maybe they're in love and didn't confess to their friends. The way they were sucking each other's faces a while go makes my argument plausible. 

"It's not what you think. They are not serious. Well, may be Jason isn't; because sometimes I wonder Cheryl is secretly in love with him" Emily said, looking at me.