Chapter 16 - Why do her lips feel so right over mine (J)

Okay, that hurt. Watching your girlfriend cheat on you is a bad thing; but watching it with your class mates is worse. I never loved her but that doesn’t mean it won’t hurt. We have been together for almost two years and I was convinced she loves me which made it even more difficult to decide on breaking up with her. I should’ve listened to my friends who kept advising me over and over again to leave her, but I was so stupid and ignored them.

 I can’t help but remember those days I was with her feeling guilty for not being able to love her back and using her to get over Anna. Did she ever feel the guilt, when she’s cheating on me? By the looks of it I know they’ve been doing it since a long time.

I was sitting on the school terrace thinking about all the things that wouldn’t have happened if I wasn’t in a relationship with her. I would’ve avoided Gabe and Elle’s love lectures most importantly and probably would be in a real relationship with Anna and yes, I would’ve missed the embarrassment I faced a while ago in front of the whole gym class and I definitely wouldn’t be the entertainment of the school gossip for the next couple of days.

But the most important of all of them would be my relationship status with Anna; I can’t ignore my feelings anymore. Now when I know she feels the same way about me; the sparkle in her eyes, her shivers at my touch, the fear of losing me, the hurt look on her face seeing me with Cheryl- everything makes it clear once and for all.

And this drama has to happen just when I decided to break up and start a new relationship with her. Another reason to hate Cheryl now.

“Jason!!” I heard that one voice I want to avoid at any costs snap me out of my reverie.

I turned around and gave my best ‘I-want-to-kill-you’ look which made her flinch and lower her head.

“I can explain. It wasn’t---” she started softly.

“Oh, really? Is that why you left the class once you saw yourself on the screen?” I spat angrily.

“I am sorry Jason. It was just a one time, trust me” She said looking close to tears but I am not that ignorant any more to believe her.

“Oh, but you seemed pretty cozy” I said bitterly giving a wicked smile.

“I am sorry Jason. I didn’t mean any of that to happen. I was just upset with you for being distant to me and he came along. That’s it, I don’t even like him” She said in a begging tone.

“I don’t care anymore. Just stay out of my way”

“Please Jason, just give me one chance; I will prove myself” she pleaded.

“I am sorry, I can’t. Just leave me” I stated softly.

“No. I can’t. I’m in love with you” she yelled.

“Oh, is that why you cheated on me? That’s a great way to show your love dear, I am amazed”

“Please Jason. Just forgive me this one time, please”

“As I already said, I can’t. I was planning to breakup with you anyway”

“Is it because of that bitch Anna?” she spat bitterly. How dare she bring Anna into this when she was the one cheating on me.

“Don’t you dare call her that. Perhaps you should learn the definition of bitch or maybe you could just see a mirror” I glowered.

If looks could kill, I would’ve died already. How dare she give deathly glares to me after doing all of this.

“Leave” I ordered.

“No, I won’t. Not until you take me back”

“You do things behind my back and still have the nerve to order me” I fumed