Chapter 19 - I am going to get you Anns (J)

All through the journey back home I only thought of Anna and how everything felt so right being with her until I reached home surprised to see Mum and Dad sitting on the couch in the living room. It was quarter past eleven and they’re watching television which is definitely a first unless they are waiting for me.

“Took you long” Mom chided in displeasure as she slowly added “So, is it true?”

Seeing my confused look she continued “That you dumped Cheryl and now dating Anna”

“Yup” I answered dryly when she continued “You dumped Cheryl for her? You’re so thick sometimes Jason. You know Cheryl’s dad----”

I cut her off angrily “I don’t f**king care how many companies her dad owns or how much money he makes, I don’t like her and never will; And for your information she cheated on me”

“Don’t you dare talk to me like that Jason. She regrets cheating on you; you have to learn to forgive people. And needless to say, you’re so stupid to give up all of that for Anna”

“I like her mom. So much” I yelled angrily. “She’s so plain, how can you---”she started.

“Ya, she’s plain and that’s what I love the most. She is beautiful and simple and not like the materialistic bitch I saw growing up” I said looking directly at her.

Either she didn’t seem to understand that I implied her or she didn’t care because she continued “Don’t tell me you are in love with her”

“Oh trust me I won’t; Thanks to my mom who made me lose faith in love” I spat bitterly looking directly into her eyes daring to give a reply back.   

She shuddered at my answer and left the room without sparing a second glance.

“I’m happy you did the right thing. That girl’s a keeper” Dad replied with a sly grin.

“Thanks dad. I’m happy too---- doing the right thing”

I hugged him and mumbled a quick good night before leaving the room.

**************

The news about me dating Anna travelled the whole school and as I was walking through the corridors the next day, I didn’t miss the deathly glares Cheryl is sending my way. I just hope Jamie doesn’t behave like that bitch; Speaking of Jamie she’s been surprisingly calm this year, I wonder what’s the reason.

Seeing Gabe at his locker, I ran towards him “Gabe. I need to ask you something”

He looked confused by my sudden arrival but replied “Yeah. What?”

“Why is Jamie not around us these past few months, not that I want her to. But, why?”

“Oh, that. She is dating some guy who works at a pharmacy. Too old for her but she’s serious”

“So, she’s over me?” I replied with a grin. “Not sure about that bro” He replied with a wink.

Seeing my grimace, he chuckled “I think it would take some more time, but she sure will”  

“I hope so” I shrugged as he asked “So… You and Anna, how’s it going?”

An unknown smile swept through my face as I answered “Amazing. I just can’t stop thinking about her. She is ---- God!! I don’t even have the right word”

He chuckled “I never thought there would be a day when I’ll see a dreamy smile on your face”

“Shut up Gabe, I don’t---”

“Ya, sure. So when are you going to tell her?”

“Tell her what?” I asked feeling puzzled.