Chapter Four

"Nate,what are you doing here?" I began to ask before the door was even fully open.He didn't answer, typical. He pushed me aside and he entered the house without permission.
"There is a reason I tried to do this on the phone" I tell him as I closed the door. He looked at me, he wasn't smiling, he had a hard look on his face that scared me, I knew he would never hurt me but it was still scary.
"What are you doing here Nate?" I asked again.
" You trying to break up with me"he asked seriously. I sighed and touched my forehead in the defeat.
"Yes Nate, I'm trying to break up with you" I said with my eyes closed.
" Why didn't you do it in my face?" He asked with hurt evident in his face.
"Don't" I quickly said as I made my way to the kitchen.
" Don't what?" He said as he followed me. I knew Brenda was eavesdropping for Ashely. They were so nosey, but at least I don't have to explain what happened anyway.
"Don't pretend to be hurt"
"But I am hurt" he retorted
" No, you are not, I can't do this anymore, you broke up with me , you broke my heart and I can't do this anymore. I have a boyfriend I like but I can't fully commit because of you. I'm still hung up on you and I can't move on." Tears were threatening to spill from my eyes. Nate wrapped his arms around me from behind
"Then don't move on, why are you trying to move on when you still love me?" He said and I groaned.
" Because YOU moved on!, When you are done with me, you will just drop me like you did two years ago and I will still be at the same place, heart broken!" I untangled myself from his hold and walked over to the other corner of the room.
"Don't be like that , Nat , you know I love you" he said it with such ease.
" If you love me then why did you break up with me, why can't I be your girlfriend now, why do I have to be a booty call?!" I was shouting and I know Ashely had no problem hearing our conversation and tears were freely streaming down my face.
"So you want this to be over?" He asked in a low voice.
" Yes"
" Are you sure?" He asked again.
" No, but I can't do this anymore" I say with my head hung low.
" Ok, I will leave, I just want you to be happy" he came over to me and kissed me in my head and he headed out.
As soon as the door shut I melted on the floor and started weeping. It hurt so bad, I wanted him here.
"Babe, it's ok, you're gonna be ok" Brenda's arms were wrapped around me protectively.
"It hurts" I said between sobs.
"I know, I know, but you did the right thing" she assured me.
" It don't feel right bee, it doesn't, it hurts, I want him here, anyway I can get him, I want him" I cried more and more and she kept holding me until I calmed down.
"What did you girls do today?" My dad ask as we are in the middle of dinner, that I cooked with little help from Brenda.
"Nothing much" I said , I wasn't in a very good mood since Nate dropped by.
"The usual, movies and karaoke." Brenda answered.
" What got your panties twisted little sis" Steve asks from the opposite side of the table. I give him an eye but I do t say anything.
" Ohhh, she's really mad" he said as he stuffed a whole mouth full of spaghetti in his mouth.
"Boy problems" Ashely intervines . I just roll my eyes at her.
"Noone asked me how was work, Ashely asked her husband, Brenda asked Steve about school, and I'm the only one left. " He complained but we all know he's joking and he's just making small talk.
" I spend the day with you" Stephen said as he shrugged.
" Dad, you look fine and besides, you could have already told us without us asking if you were not ok" Steve says
" So true" I agree with him and we all laugh.
" My baby smiled" my dad says and I grin at him. That's the good thing about my family. They always make me laugh. They know I'm not in a good mood but instead of pushing for me to tell them what it is, they just try to make me feel better, I love them.
After dinner Steve and Srefwb helped each other with dishes and Brenda went to her house .I was in my room wide awake, thinking about today's events. How was I ever going to get over him if it hurts this much. He's got a girlfriend whom he post everywhere, I had to block him on all social media so I can't see them together because it hurts so much. And then he claims to love me, bastard! How can he say that to me after all that he did to me.

Don't forget to vote and comment
Ruethesunflower 🌻