Chapter Two - As we sit on the grubby alleyway

Francis' POV

Thursday

"What the fuck happened to you? You look like shit, man." She laughs.

I look at her, completely confused as to how she's here.

"I'm Billie." She grins. I recognise that same flirtatious look she gave me before.

"Francis." I reply, still in shock.

She smiles. I can see thoughts racing through her mind. I want to know what they're saying.

But instead, I fall to the ground and before Billie can catch me again, my ass is on the floor.

"Fuck, are you okay, dude?" She asks, instantly dropping to the floor, too.

I sit there for a second, completely frozen. Then, suddenly, I burst out laughing - I can't help it. Billie starts grinning, trying to hold back her laughter, but after a few seconds we are both cackling at the top of our voices as we sit on the grubby alleyway. As the laughter grows, I unintentionally lean towards her, resting my forehead against hers. But, when the grinning comes to a stop, I don't pull away, and neither does she.

I feel her grab my hand. Looking down, I see lots of tiny cuts all over my palm from when I fell on the floor. Her smile immediately fades. With her other hand, she lightly traces over the cuts with her finger. I inhale sharply from the pain, making a hissing sound. She pulls her forehead away from mine and I see a concerned look on her face.

Not caring about my hand, I pull it away and smile at her.

"No, dude." She says seriously, taking my bleeding hand back in hers. She bites the sleeve of her jumper on her other hand and uses her teeth to pull it up, covering her fingers. Then, she softly presses the cloth on my cuts, stopping the bleeding.

She sits there for a few minutes, patting my cuts with her jumper. I smile to myself, noticing her tongue sticking out from the side of her mouth as she focuses. I can't help but watch her - she's so beautiful.

"Quit staring." She jokes, keeping her eyes on my hand. An uncontrollable smile grows, no matter how hard she tries to prevent it.

She looks up at me, leaving our faces millimetres apart. I can feel her warm breath on my skin. She looks down to my lips, then back to my eyes, her breath becoming more shaky.

"Is this how all your meet and greets go?" I tease. She grins.

Pulling away, I bring my knees to my chest.

Clasping my necklace in my hand, I grab the pendant and press it against my lips, rubbing it along them - it's a habit I've had since I was little.

Suddenly noticing the pungent smell of vomit and trash, I stand up, hoping there's less change of getting puke on my ass.

Billie gets up, too, and we both lean against the wall of the club.

I grab her hand in mine and start to play with the numerous rings on her fingers. She smiles softly. As I continue fiddle, she slowly starts to entwine each of her fingers through mine until we are holding hands.

Gazing at our hands, a look of mischief grows on my face, causing her face to light up with intrigue.

"Dance with me." I demand, my smile curling into a flirtatious smirk.

Her hand still in mine, I use my other hand to open the back door and pull her back into the club.

We weave our way through the crowds until we are in the centre of the dance floor.