Chapter 28: Island (Part 1); Wrong Room

"Hey Yuri, do you know where Natsuki is? These guys will devour all the sandwiches if she won't-", Yukiho stopped when she saw the last piece of sandwich being eaten by the blonde, Carly burped afterwards then made a piece sign to the younger girl. Yukiho sighed, "I swear that girl's a glutton", she said, remembering the Carly eating all the snacks earlier. Yukiho even asked if she's concerned about her weight and the blonde only said she's out of the diet game.

Then Yuri thought of a solution, "I'll go find and ask her what she wants, I'm sure there's a lot of food in the kitchen here am I right?", she asked even she already knew the answer to that, knowing her father's yacht is always prepared in case of emergency, and that includes the food supply.

"Well, alright-"

"Yuriiii!", the two looked at Mars who's running towards them, Yuri doesn't like the idea of talking to that girl because she knew Natsuki is..well, Natsuki just doesn't like the girl much.

Yukiho saw her cousin's nervous yet pale face, so she told her to go, "Just go and find Natsuki, I'll handle this", she said, not taking her eyes off the raven haired who also happens to be her one and only friend in her class.

Her older cousin tapped her shoulder as a thank you gesture, Yuri immediately left which confuses the girl in front of Yukiho. She was about to chase after Yuri when Yukiho stopped her by grabbing onto her arm, without knowing it she glared at her, "Let go of me, I need to talk to her!", Mars said trying to get Yukiho's grip away from her arm.

But Yukiho, who happens to be taller than her, didn't move a muscle and just tighten her hold on her even more. "She needed to do something important", Yukiho said, it is half of the truth.

The shorter raven haired girl stomped her foot on the ground then whined like a child, Yukiho just stared at her, a taint blush on her cheeks, she finds it..adorable?

"But I need to ask her to accompany me at the island later on!", she said, making Yukiho frown upon hearing it. She could've asked me, why is it always have to be my goddamned cousin? She thought.

"I can be with you", Yukiho said, the shorter raven hair looked up at her and tilted her head to the side. Yukiho looked away, her face heating up recalling what she just said. I'm pretty sure it's a double meaning, but she doesn't have the guts to say that out loud.

"Um, no thanks. I want Yuri to accompany me", the shorter girl said sweetly. But Yukiho felt like an arrow just pierce through her heart, see this is always the case between them, and Yukiho only ended up being rejected in the end. She's tired of it, she didn't even know why she felt bad, but this girl..there's just something familiar and at the same time, different about her, a good kind of different. Maybe because she looked exactly like her who she once ad-

Yukiho shook her head lightly, I don't want to remember that, and I'm not doing the same mistake again.

She smiled at the shorter girl, "If you say so, but I'm having a contest later on, I get to pick a person who'll win a big prize, which is a make up set from Victoria's secret-", she paused, she smirked when she saw the raven haired girl's eyes sparkling with glee.

"And I'm picking someone who really deserved it, someone who'll, I don't know..hmm, maybe accompany me at the island?", she asked.

Mars then clings onto her arm, "Well, I do want something new to add up to my collection, so count me in", the girl smiled up at her.

Yukiho smiled in return then started to walk towards the opposite direction where Yuri left. It's always like this, there's always a catch for the two to agree on something. Even though it's her birthday today, she felt like something's off, Yukiho didn't know why but something's just..missing.