Chapter 36: Broken

Tapping her pen repeatedly on the desk, she takes a look at the wall clock, only five minutes left until lunch. She's not paying attention at the teacher as she keeps on discussing about complicated math problems, which she can easily solve. So she let her mind wander a bit, and she can't help but put on a smile on her face as she recalls the memories, they're time at the island is certainly fun, memorable, but all things will eventually come to an end no matter what you do. That's why we need to make the most of it, and we did, the tall purple haired thought.

And then there it is, the bell. She sighed in relief when the class ends, oh! I need to meet up with Natsuki and the rest of the guys at the cafetieria! She thought with excitement. After fixing her things, she stood up from her seat then accidentally bumped someone, she saw it was Carly and immediately apologizes, "I'm so sorry Carly, I didn't see you there", she smiled, the blonde laughed it off and said it's okay.

The two awkwardly stared at each other, "So uh, how's it going with you know, MC?", Yuri asked, attempting to get rid of the awkward atmosphere around them. Carly smiled, "It's okay, he's kind. Though he won't be around for a while, his mom had been hospitalized and he had to take care of her", Carly said as they both got out of the room.

"Oh, I hope his mom is going to be okay", Yuri added. Then she realized that Carly is somewhat, following her? She didn't mind it though but still, "Hey, where are you heading right now?", Yuri asked. She saw the blonde's eyes widen for a split second before giving her a smile again, "Um, nowhere actually", the blonde chuckled. "How about you?"

She wouldn't want Carly to be alone, so why not invite her to join us? We're friends after all, she thought. "We're actually gathering around the cafeteria, I'm sure everyone's already there, you should join us", Yuri said.

"Oh, I didn't know that..", the blonde spoke softy, which worried Yuri a bit. She was about to ask what was wrong when Carly gave her a smile again, she took her by surprise when she grasp her hand as they both walked on the halls, Yuri averted her gaze elsewhere when she did this. She's my friend, it's natural for friends to hold each others hands right? She asked herself. But she really feels uncomfortable, once they reached the cafeteria, Sayori is calling out to them, as expected, all the guys are there, sitting around the table.

Monika is next to Sayori and Carl and Marie are sitting next to each other, the two are sharing air phones and seems to be watching something on the phone. They looked cute especially when Marie has her head resting on Carl's chest and they guy has his arm around her shoulder. I'm guessing they're together now, Yuri agrees with that thought.

Yukiho and Mars is also there, the two are arguing about something as they approached them. "Why did you took my food from me?!", Yukiho angrily spat at the shorter raven haired next to her. Mars narrowed her eyes at the taller girl, "I asked your permission and you agreed!"

Yukiho rubbed her temple, "Yes I agreed, but you didn't have to eat the whole thing!", the two keeps on arguing with each other that they didn't even noticed the girl's presence, I wonder why they didn't do anything about it? Yuri looked at the others, Sayori and Monika are sharing a drink while mumbling something that's making them both laugh and giggle, the two looked sweet together, so does Carl and Marie. And Yuri finds it funny that her cousin had to deal with Mars everyday, she told her that she was annoyed by the girl's attitude but she really is a kind person on the inside, she just wants someone to love her that's all. At least, that's what her cousin describe the girl.

Her eyes wandered around, looking for any signs of the pinkette. Yuri and Carly bought food a while ago when they got back and noticed that Natsuki's not around. "Hey Yuri", she snapped out of her daze when she heard the blonde's soft voice. "Yes?", she asked. The blonde frowned upon hearing her response, Yuri's stared confused at her. "Is something wrong Carly?", she asked.