FIVE.

HOMEMADE DYNAMITE !
BAD HABITS.

FUCK

FUCK. That had been Abby's preliminary thought as she approached the warehouse still clad in the same outfit she had just driven seven hours in. She was exhausted. But her friends needed her. The things you do, right? She chuckled to herself as she clambered up the metal rungs of the ladder and onto the side of the building, then the roof, then through a open skylight and down onto the rickety catwalk. Below her, a crowd of men caged Hank and Dawn.

Panic gripped her. Steel fingers clamping down on her chest as she watched, squeezing the air from her lungs. Abigail began making her way towards the next ladder when a bone-chilling scream curdled her blood, a dying scream. It was instantly followed by another, and another. The brunette glanced over her shoulder to see Robin had arrived at the scene, as blood splattered up the wall, along with various other things. He vanished as the group scattered, and Hank and Dawn struggled to their feet.

No time for a casual descent down the stairs, Abigail quickly swung herself from the metal beams onto the nearest lamp, which creaked and groaned and threatened to snap under her weight, jumping down onto the roof of the van. The metal bowed and bent beneath her feet before Abigail dropped onto the floor. Straightening herself, she brushed the dust from her body as she looked upwards. The two vigilantes looked at her, their expressions unreadable under their masks and goggles.

Abigail raised her eyebrows, boots thudding against the concrete floor as she approached them, "Having fun, love birds?"

"You shouldn't have come here," Hank grunted, noticing how overwhelmingly underprepared and underarmed she was.

Abigail glared at him as she moved to their side, "And you two shouldn't have come alone."

"We didn't," Dawn muttered, her voice a peculiar combination of annoyance and concern, "Didn't you see Batman Jr?"

"The screams were enough," Abigail said through clenched teeth, though worry was clear as she glanced in the direction of the fighting and placed a gentle hand on Dawn, "Are you two okay to get back? Do you need me? I can help you if —."

"Abby, we both know it wasn't just us you came here to protect," Dawn interrupted softly, and Abigail didn't need to see behind the tinted visor to know that Dawn saw right through her.

"Old habits die hard, Queenie," Abby admitted. Both her nighttime activities and her inability to abandon Dick Grayson.

Hank's face overcame with a pained but shit-eating grin as he jerked his head towards the screams, "Go save your little psychopath, Lance."