TWELVE.

HOMEMADE DYNAMITE !
VENDETTA.

"JESS

"JESS. JUST STAY HERE. YOU CAN'T LEAVE RACHEL ALONE." Dick's reasoning seemed fair enough, but the purple haired girl was having none of it, her arms crossed and eyebrow raised (she'd just watched this chic get possessed by a demon. Horror films were not her type of genre. Or life style. At all).

"She's literally in a convent full of fucking nuns, Dick!" Jess hissed bewilderedly. Clearly his point was ridiculous. "What are they gonna do?! Nail her to a cross?!"

"That joke was made in really poor taste so I'm gonna pretend you didn't say it," Dick said, opening the passenger side and placing a foot in before turning back, "Don't let her out of your sight."

Jess stuck her middle finger up indignantly. Abby leant across the car to peer up at her through Dick's door. "He has that effect on most people, Jess."

"You're not helping," Dick muttered, forcing Abby to move back as he sat down and buckled in, pulling the door shut. He looked to her, "We really need to work on presenting a united front."

Abby rolled her eyes, "She's seventeen, Dick. A united front is gonna do fuck all if she doesn't wanna do what we're asking."

Satisfied with his grunt of a reply, Abby shook her head and pushed the car into first gear. The two rolled out of the drive, and she quickly moved through the gears, shooting off down the road. They left a fast disappearing Jess in their rear view mirror, middle finger raised in the air after them.

Dick reached into the bag at his feet and pulled a tablet out, turning it on and watching as a location system booted up. He eagerly honed in on the one labelled car, and Abby found herself scoffing — Jr had been a tease, but she was starting to think maybe Dick had become more like Bruce in the past five years than she cared to believe.

"It doesn't even surprise me that you have a tracker in your car. Not even a little bit," Abigail mused, eyes fixed on the road ahead.

"Actually, it's in my keys," Dick responded nonchalantly, before picking up on her tone and frowning.

"Cause that makes it so much better," Abby mused, eyebrows quirked mockingly at him.

Dick turned to look at her, eyes flicking up and down before settling on her face. "Growing up with a crime fighting billionaire had some perks."

"Oh, I'm sure."

"Right here!" Dick suddenly exclaimed as they passed Scooter's Roller Rink.