CHAPTER 28

Her life was interesting.

She never would've thought that her life would take a strange turn.

Having the same blood as one of the most wanted Pirate's on the ocean and being brought up by the best of the Navy. Then joining a Pirate crew to see the world was the exact opposite as she was taught, followed by the truth of her poisoning. Her mother's mysterious death wasn't an illness but cancer, something incurable ...

Who would've thought?

All those years she was taught to be stronger, to be better and indestructible. Emotions weren't important. It was something that she didn't understand for someone to have and yet, she let them guide her all those years without even noticing.

She never understood the warm feeling that filled her chest when she felt adoration towards someone and she never understood the adrenaline that coursed through her veins in a battle. Apparently, she'll never understand it either.

She had fought countless of times against her sub-conscious and it was only until she physically fought against her counterpart that she realized it. She realized that when one cannot trust your head anymore, you follow your heart which wasn't the worst path to take.

***

Laughter echoed throughout a dull wasteland that was once against restored to its calm and non-colorful scenery. Two figures stood in the middle of the wasteland, tears of laughter falling down the one's face while the other one let out an exasperated sigh.

"Idiot! You actually thought I could kill you?! You're dumber than I thought, Redhead!" Rosaline's sub-conscious exclaimed as she rolled onto her stomach, keeling over from laughter. Rosaline rolled her eyes but couldn't stop the small smile that came onto her lips.

It was true. Everything that was used to fool her was a lie and she actually believed in such rubbish. She believed that her counterpart or more specifically, her sub-conscious had the abilities to steal her life. However, it was all in her head, literally.

"Alright already! Could you please tell me the way out of here? I'm sick of standing here and listen to you laugh. It's making me nauseous," Rosaline snapped in a bored tone, her blue eyes glaring at the chuckling sub-conscious in front of her.

"Like I said. It's all in your mind!" The pale female exclaimed and Rosaline's brows furrowed in confusion. Her counterpart gestured to her head and Rosaline concentrated on her thoughts. The washed out female nodded towards her and gave her a grin with a farewell wave.

Rosaline's eyes widened when everything turned white around her and watched as everything vanished without a single trace, taking the wasteland with it. Her sub-conscious wasn't laughing obnoxiously loud at her, her grey eyes no longer visible.

It felt like a dream...

Rosaline slowly felt herself wake up, feeling coming back to her limbs. She could feel the rush of numbness hit her conscious mind and wished to groan. She was tired, mentally and physically. She only wanted to go back to sleep but she decided against it.

She wanted to see her crew.

A pair of blue eyes slowly fluttered open to a bright room, flinching at the sudden light before slowly adjusting. Rosaline blinked a few times as she waited for her vision to clear before she started to glance around her.

She was in the Operating Room. She looked down at her arm and paled slightly at the reality that she had been connected to needles. She managed to lift up her arms with little difficulty and saw that there were no needles visible anymore, but small puncture marks that made her shiver in discomfort.