CHAPTER 31

Laughter echoed throughout the forest and the loud conversing of pirates could be clearly heard. Smoke lingered in the sky from the barbeque and the smell of good food as well as the munching of it was part of the rowdy noise.

"Hey, Boss! So, you really have a daughter!" One of Shanks best men, Lucky Roo, exclaimed and laughed. Shanks downed his mug of beer and chuckled. His mug was immediately refilled while Rosaline lazily drank her own beer.

Shanks exclaimed as he pulled Rosaline in a sudden embrace. Rosaline yelped and flushed slightly from the sudden action, the rest of the crew laughing at the scene.

"W-What are you doing?!" Rosaline hit Shanks hard on his head before she huffed angrily and sat back down. She picked up her beer and took another sip, glaring at her father who lay on the ground with a large bump on his head.

"Oww! You're mean, Rosalie-chan..." Shanks moaned as he rubbed the sore spot on his head and Rosaline rolled her eyes. He took this whole father-daughter relationship to another level. It made her feel strange and giddily, irritating her because she wasn't used to it.

"Stop acting like a child. Good grief, you're a pirate for hell's sake! H-Hey! Are you even listening to me?!" Rosaline saw Shanks laugh at her, drinking from his beer and let out a heavy exhaled when he finished. She shook her head and put down her beer.

"You guys have it rough... I take it he's always like this," Rosaline assumed and his crew nodded all simultaneously, their heads falling slightly. Rosaline chuckled in amusement and looked at her beer before her brows furrowed.

"He's always like this and grumpy as soon as he wakes up with a hangover," Yasopp replied and shook his head in disapproval at his Captain. He blinked a few times when he saw Rosaline stare at her beer before he raised an eyebrow.

"What's wrong? Don't you drink beer?" Yasopp asked before their eyes widened at Rosaline. Even Shanks was shocked at the fact that his daughter may not drink beer. He couldn't think of a life without sake or beer.

"No, it's empty," Rosaline bluntly answered, everyone falling over at her reply. Their hope of her not being a drunken like her father was washed away by her mere words. Yet, it was one of the signs that showed she was Shanks' daughter.

"That's my girl! Hey! Give her a refill!" Shanks ordered and Rosaline laughed as her beer was refilled. She looked at Shanks who also wanted another refill but he was denied and moaned like a young kid, his cheeks pouting.

"How are you adjusting to all of this, Rosalie?" Rosaline heard a voice reach her ears and she glanced at the grey-haired male. She knew a lot about Benn Beckman's reputation but she never really knew he was the first mate of Shanks' crew. Then again, he seemed to be the only sane person around.

"It's a little overwhelming, but I guess it's alright. After all, he seems to be enjoying himself and it puts me at ease," Rosalie replied and Benn chuckled in reply. She smiled and sweat dropped when Shanks fell over while laughing.

"He's carefree when it comes to times like this and he's really obnoxious at the most impossible moments. But he's a strong warrior and we follow him because we see something great within him," Benn explained and Rosaline glanced at the redhead, a gleam of longing shining in her eyes.

"Yeah, I also had a crew of my own... To be honest... I was a Marine Captain before I met Law," Rosalie said and everyone exclaimed in shock. Benn laughed in amusement while Shanks stared at his daughter in disbelief.

"Y-You were a Marine?! What has my bloodline come to?!" Shanks yelled and received another head hit from Rosalie. Her fist was staring to ache from the constant hitting. She let out a sigh while sitting back down, briefly closing her eyes.