Year 5 - Magic Learning Start and Mayhem

"We still don't know if all the first and second years were told," Daphne whispered leaning over the table pretending to grab some food closer to Hermione. 

"I know that. That's why I was thinking of maybe this week starting out with our year just to get a feel of what this is going to be like. I mean we, while we do have the lesson, plans stolen from..."

"BORROWED!" Blaise corrected Hermione while she was annoyed at being interrupted.

"...Borrowed from teachers it would be easier to just start with what we already know by heart to be ready for the other years."

"That makes sense," Daphne nodded and plopped some food into her mouth. 

Hermione tired of being in the Great Hall left and while walking down to the common room grabbed out the gallon coin writing down the message, 'fifth-year, seventh floor, 30 minutes' and sent it off to the other coins hoping that everyone would understand that message. 

Once back in the common room she grabbed her wand and a few books that were needed for the "lesson" that night. When there were about ten minutes left the others came down and grabbed their wands and books before they left to wait upon the seventh floor.

Once there they were surprised to already find quite a few people there waiting anxiously, ready to start. 

Theo spoke up, "Hey wait for a few more minutes for the rest to get here."

Hermione just froze in place waiting as the last of the fifth years came in and the door shut and disappeared behind them. The others that helped plan this stood next to her unsure who was to speak. 

After a few moments of silence, she sighed and walked forward, "It's great that everyone came this evening for the first trial lesson. I know this might be difficult a lot of you since sometimes our houses don't really see eye to eye."

She paused looking at the faces as each group was separated by their houses to avoid one another. 

"I know this might not be the most ideal situation, but this is what we have left. We are losing our freedom of magic use slowly and I plan on fighting back as much as possible even if I have to work with houses that dislike me or even just the house in general. But for now, I'm asking you to forget houses here...in this room...forget the past and just use your magic..learn what we are supposed to be learning. I hope everyone is clear with this," she finishes and everyone is silent in some agreement with her.

"Well...good...now that's over...we are learning..."

Blaze jumps up and interrupts excitedly, "I know it's something we already know but we never really practiced it before so we're starting out with the rictusempra curse, some blocking techniques, and expelliarmus."

"Well now that we know that...everyone...find a partner and let's get started," Hermione said and soon the crowd of people paired off and went to the floor ready to get started. Hermione glanced up at the other Slytherins. She was ready to start teaching them exactly what everyone needed to know.

"Well then...Ms. Granger...I believe you're up," Malfoy smirked at her and she turned walking to the center of the room ready to begin the training that they weren't getting before. 

"Now...it really begins"

 _________________________________________________________

*A few weeks later after starting the group- it's going well*

The Slytherin's were in the common room sitting finally taking a break after being so buzy with the other students, stealing lesson plans (which was "oddly" easy to get), and overall being overworked.