Chapter - 4

Colette

I am awakened by a knock on my door. I hardly slept last night. The horrible day I had weighed heavily on my mind and I couldn't bring myself to sleep. Even though I was in the wrong and shouldn't be feeling victimized, I felt exploited. Zach could have confronted me directly but he chose to hurt my body and made a show out of me. But more than anything, I felt like a total failure and hopelessness engulfed me. I didn't know if I should laugh or cry at my stupidity. How absurd of me to think that I could ever land someone like Zach. I was so proud of my deceit just yesterday. But in reality, Zach was playing me like a fiddle and the joke was on me.

Another sharp knock makes me scramble out of bed. I check the time in the bedside clock. It says 5:35. Shit!
I am supposed to be ready 5 minutes back. I rush to the door and open it quickly. A maid only a couple of years older than me stands outside my room accompanied by a bodyguard dressed in a black suit.

"I am sorry. I slept through the alarm", I say not expecting a response. The maids are under strict orders not to talk unless absolutely necessary. Father has a tight reign over everything that concerns me, after all, I am his most prized possession.

The maid gives a tiniest nod which shocks me because I haven't seen any of father's employees ever defy him. My eyes darts to the bodyguard to see if he caught the maid's acknowledgement but the assh*le 's eyes are glued to my slender legs on display below the shorts that barely cover my bottoms. In my hurry to get to the door, I forgot to pull a rope around me. I hate it when I am treated like a piece of meat. I excuse myself and rush to the ensuite bathroom to freshen up.

I hurriedly took care of my business and was out in record time. The maid places the weighing machine near my bed and I climb on it like every day I have done for the past 7years. I have to be a perfect 100 pounds; not an ounce more or less. If not, I have a special diet and a work out routine to get me back to my ideal weight.

Luckily I am on the ideal weight today so my personal trainer only makes me do my usual one and a half-hour routine of pilates, stretches and yoga for stamina and flexibility. Once I return to my room, I go straight for the shower. The shower customized for my height sprays hot water from 6 different angles on my aching muscles massage the knots.

Stepping out of the shower, I slip on a bathing robe and walk to the other end of the luxurious Italian marble bathroom. I stare at my reflection on the mirror in front of the vanity. I look nothing like my mother. I was too little when she died so I don't remember her features but the one tattered picture of hers showed her short slightly upturned nose, a thin lip and a curly red hair. She wasn't a knockout beauty but she was beautiful in her own way.

The girl staring back at me from the mirror has a straight nose, lifted eyebrows with captivated grey eyes, wide pillow lips and a square jaw. Overall a magnificently transfigured face. That's not all that's been altered in my body. I have breast implants, ass uplift and an inner thigh lift. Everything to make my body desirable to horny eyes, only if my eyes were one of them. I turn away from the mirror and head back to the room.

Breakfast sits in front of the elaborate purple sofa. As a matter of fact, the interior decor of the room is ridiculously excessive and expensive. A perfectly polished custom marble with inlay flower design in shades of red and green highlighted with gold. The crystal chandelier is hung from a false ceiling features a circle gypsum work on looking the four-poster bed both of which are accentuated with purple velvet and gold. The king-size bed has beautiful carving around an upholstered purple tall headboard. The curtains are also in purple with gold trims. In all the room is to flaunt the wealth and make me feel like a princess.

The thought makes me laugh some princess I am. A princess who doesn't even like purple. A princess who would love to live in a shack than this monstrosity that mocks who I am every single second. I should appreciate the wealth but I hate it. The wealth and power is the root cause of all the problems in my life including my latest failure with Zach who I wanted to manipulate for the very same reason. I was after the wealth and power he and his family represent. I was hoping he would help me save Lily in exchange for the baby.
But now I have no plan or even the slightest bit of idea how I am going to do that.