Chapter Twenty: When the Lion and Lioness Run Together

(For those of you who would like, the Lions Den Playlist is available on Spotify under The Lions Den. It's updated with every chapter, and is in order if you ever want to find a song! Love y'all! Thanks for your support,love, and dedication to this story!)

 It's updated with every chapter, and is in order if you ever want to find a song! Love y'all! Thanks for your support,love, and dedication to this story!)

Matteo

The entire concept of time and placement in the universe is something that I'd found myself questioning a lot in the past few months. It was crazy to think about how perfect everything had to have gone in the world billions of years ago in order for me to be born at the time that I was. When I was born and everything, no matter how amazing or disheartening, that happened after that led me to being the man that I am today. Then because of the man that I was currently, because of all of the things that went right for a billion years and then for thirty-six no matter if I knew that they were right, I was here with the person who will likely go down as the literal love of my life. I was floored by the intricate chance of it all.

As I finished cooking Kashera's breakfast for her birthday, those thoughts kept running continuously throughout my mind. No matter how flooring the thoughts became I was at peace. For as much perfection occurred for me, even more perfection was executed in making the woman who was waiting for me upstairs. Everything that led her to that office and stature as lawyer led her to me. Everything that had occurred in her life, every little choice she made, shaped her into the most perfectly imperfect woman ever made.

She was patient, kind, and understanding. She was strong, determined, and thoughtful about everything even if it didn't seem like she was. She was fierce in her care for those around her and unthinkably selfless. I had to learn her: her likes and dislikes, her favorite colors and flowers by paying attention to her because she was quiet in her expressions of herself. She was an enigma that only occurred in the rarest ripples of time. She'd never know how grateful I was for the blessing to experience her for the short time that I had, and I'd be damned if I wasn't sure of the fact that she was made for me.

As I finished her food I heard her tip-toeing around the corner of the walkway. After her party, we came to the house on the estate so I didn't have a clear shot of her making her way down the stairs. She was trying to be quiet, but my hearing was phenomenal so I knew she was approaching the minute her foot touched the second stair from the top that had the slightest squeak. The second she got to the arch way, I turned to seem busy. I looked at her from my peripheral as she slowly peeped her head into the kitchen. It took so much for me to not laugh, but I kept it together. As soon as her foot crossed into the archway I finally spoke.

"You're supposed to be trying to get in two more minutes of sleep before actually waking up," I said still facing away from her. She let out a groan as she stomped her foot on the ground. I turned around and leaned against the counter crossing my arms with a smirk as she pouted with her arms crossed.

"Again? Really! How? I'm literally a ninja!" She fussed. I finally caved and laughed a little bit.

"Tesoro we've been through this. You may be a ninja, but I'm the head of the mafia. I practically have to be an assassin in a suit for a living so I hear everything. Also, you forgot about the second step," I noted to her with a smile. She let out another groan as she threw her head back.