Ch. 6

Jace's POV

I sighed, "Decisions decisions..."

"What decisions?"

I jumped and looked behind me to see Alec leaning against my doorframe, watching me, "You scared me."

He smirked a little, "What's the decision you're struggling with?"

I looked at him skeptically, not knowing why he wants to know, "I don't know if I should put my flag on the wall or my headboard."

He glanced at my flag in my hands then at the blank space on my walls and my headboard, "Seems like you have a lot of posters and drawings, so put it on your headboard."

I thought about it for a minute and decided he was right so I put it on my headboard to look good and then I turned back to him, "Not trying to start an argument or anything, but why are you here?"

"Jenny told me to come to get you, she needs help deciding where to put her stuffed animals or something."

I smiled, "Oh, okay."

As I went passed him, he put his hand on my arm and I looked at him, "Are you really..."

He paused, "Am I really what?"

He shook his head and dropped his hand, "Nevermind. You should go, your mom is waiting for you."

I looked at him skeptically again but then shrugged and went off to find where my mom was.

**

Alec's POV (Backtracking a little)

"Are you really..." I couldn't finish.

How the hell am I supposed to ask if he really is just an outgoing person and doesn't act differently to get attention? Any way I can think of will make him get mad at me.

"Am I really what?"

I shook my head and removed my hand from his arm, "Nevermind. You should go, your mom is waiting for you."

He looked at me skeptically but then left to go find Jenny. I think it's best I save those questions for later. He hasn't even been here for twelve hours yet

**

Jace and his family have lived with us for a month now. Jenny and my dad have been married for two weeks and they recently just got back from their honeymoon. Having three more people living in my house hasn't been that bad. I thought it'd be way worse, especially because one of the three people is Jace. But it's been fine. We stay to ourselves and act civil when we need to. We talk casually sometimes but it never really lasts long. I'll admit he isn't as bad as I thought he was, and I think he's thinking the same thing about me because he's been starting more conversations. And when we see each other in school now, we don't glare at each other. Instead we just kind of nod in acknowledgment. The only one of my friends that knows the situation is Mike so all of my other friends are so confused as to why we aren't trying to kill each other with our eyes or words anymore. I'll tell them eventually but for now, no one really needs to know. I'm pretty sure Jace's little clique knows the situation but other than them and Mike... the only people that know is family. Ugh, I'm still not used to saying that.

As I was walking down the hall with my friends, I passed Jace talking with his friends and we made eye contact. I nodded at him and he nodded back, a slight smile playing at his lips. That's new.

When my friends and I got to class, Jay suddenly asked me, "Okay, what's up with you two?"

I was taken aback by the question, "What?"