I Love You

Harry's POV:

I opened my eyes and saw several sleeping people around me. Each was facing me and the sight of all of them made my heart soar.

Mrs. Weasley, Moony, Sirius, Hermione, Ron, and Draco were all around me. Sirius and Moony were curled up together on the couch against the wall, their arms wrapped around one another. I couldn't recall ever seeing Moony look so peaceful.

I heard a slight shuffle to my right and looked over and saw Draco staring at me, a relieved look on his face.

"You're awake!" I nodded.

"Yeah. Strange how sleep works, isn't it?"

Suddenly, his lips crashed against mine. I froze for a moment, then kissed him back, overjoyed that our feelings for one another had finally come out. (Get it?)

"What was that for?" I gasped out as Draco pulled away.

"For being a prick who gets himself into stupidly dangerous situations and somehow manages to survive." I rested my forehead against his.

"I wouldn't have if it weren't for your Father. He helped me escape." Draco nodded.

"I know. He told me."

I pulled away and looked into Draco's silver eyes. "Where is he?"

"With Mother. She woke up just a few hours ago. They have been talking ever since." I frowned.

"You should be with your Mother." Draco shook his head.

"I'm right where I need to be." I smiled as I leaned forward and closed the gap between us once more.

I finally felt safe. I didn't feel angry or stressed or scared. I felt at peace. And I was at peace with the one person I have always been too afraid to admit that I loved. And I wasn't afraid to admit it anymore.

"I love you. I'm sorry it's taken so long to say it, but I do." I whispered against Draco's lips.

I felt a tear fall from Draco's face onto mine as he whispered back the four best words I had ever heard: "I love you too."

Hey guys! This is where I am ending the book. I really hope you liked it and leave in the comments what your favorite parts were or what you think could use some work. Thank you!

XoXo
-Emma