Chapter 8

Y/n's P.O.V.

   Newt sat next to me with his chair backwards. He had it flipped so he could put his head down on the back but still be facing Alby's bed. After a few minutes, I looked over and noticed his eyes closing. He looked exhausted, so I didn't wake him. I know he's been stressed lately since he had to take over for Alby. Plus I ruined his sleep last night.

I looked back at Teresa. She had a look as if she was waiting for me to give her an answer. 

"Did you say something?" I asked. She just grinned. 

"You like him, don't you?" I heard her ask. (Remember, Italics are in their heads!) 

"No! He's just really nice. Besides, he probably only hangs out with us because we're new, you know?"

"Uh huh, sure," she said with a chuckle. 

"Hey, I'm Jeff, this is Clint," one of the boys said as two of them walked in. Jeff walked up and shook both mine and Teresa's hands. Clint did the same. 

"Y/n." 

"Teresa," she said back.

We talked for a few minutes before Jeff was called to help one of the builders. I was told that they get hurt a lot.  Clint stayed and chatted with us for a while. He told us about what our schedule would mainly be for the rest of the day. After a few minutes, Newt woke up and excused himself. 

"You alright?" I asked him. He just nodded and walked out.

Teresa and I spent most of the day sitting and talking with Clint and Jeff occasionally being called away only to return not long after. Gally came it at one point and started talking with us. He could be a little rude at times, but he seemed nice overall. We actually were starting to become friends, he was nice to me for some reason.

After maybe two hours or so, we heard the horrible sound of cement rubbing against cement and metal grinding against metal. 

"What is that sound?" Teresa wondered out loud. I shrugged and ran out of the hut. What was it?
Teresa appeared in the doorway of the hut and stood beside me. I scanned the Glade and noticed a small group of boys gathered around the entrance to the maze. Clint and Jeff came out of the hut.

"You girls stay here, we'll go find out if it's anything to worry about, good that?" One of them said. Teresa nodded and walked back inside. 

I scanned the Glade and saw Newt walking to the group of boys at the entrance. I then looked to Clint and Jeff and nodded. Then I turned and walked back into the hut and sat down again next to Alby.

Newt's P.O.V

We stood at the doors as Thomas and Minho came jogging around the corner.

"Well what the hell was going on out there?" I asked as they crossed into the Glade. 

"What the hell have you done now, Thomas?" Gally chimed in as we all started walking.

"A new passage, we think it could be a way out," Thomas said out of breath. 

"Really?" I asked. Had they finally found a way out?

"It's true. We opened a door, something I'd never seen before," Minho breathed. Thomas chimed in again. 

"We think it might be where the grievers go durning the day."

This time, it was Chuck's turn to say something. 

"Woah, woah, woah. You're saying you think you found the grievers' home, and you want us to go in it?"