Chapter 11

Y/n's P.O.V.

When the two boys reached for Thomas and started pulling him up, Thomas took his chance and fought for control. He elbowed them both in the stomach and took the stick one of them had.
Several people drew their knives and Teresa kicked the guy in front of her in the nuts. He groaned and fell to the floor in pain.

Some guy came running to me to keep me from being able to get free but I kicked him in the stomach and watched him fall to the ground. Thomas aimed his stick at Gally as Frypan cut Teresa free. He then came running over to me and cut me free too.

We then stood behind Thomas. Minho walked past Gally, machete up and pointed at him in case he decided to try anything. Chuck handed Teresa a machete and then handed me one too. It was now me, Teresa, Fry, Thomas, Newt, Minho, and Chuck against him. We stood at the entrance to the maze, weapons held up, and ready to attack if necessary.

"You're full of surprises, aren't you?" Gally said sarcastically. 

"You don't have to come with us, but we are leaving," Thomas said forcefully. "Anyone else who wants to come, now's your last chance." 

"Don't listen to him. He's just trying to scare you," Gally said to the crowd.

"I'm not trying to scare you, you're already scared, alright? I'm scared! But I'd rather risk my life out there than spend the rest of it in here," Thomas said. "We don't belong here, okay? This place? It's not our home. We were put here - we were trapped here! At least out there we have a choice. We can make it out of here. I know that."

A few boys stepped forward. Winston and Finnick included. Jeff walked forward too. 

"I'm sorry," he whispered as he walked past Gally.

"Gally, it's over. Just come with us," Thomas said, looking out at the last few Gladers. Gally was silent as he turned and looked at all of the Gladers who were staying. There were roughly 15 of us leaving.

He looked at Thomas.

"Good luck against the grievers." He then turned to me and his expression softened. "Take care of yourself, Y/n."

I felt a tear fall down my cheek as he turned away.

Chuck then came to me and handed me a back pack. I smiled a little at him and said a quick thank you before Minho lead the group into the maze. I looked at the Glade one more time and turned to follow the group.

We all followed Thomas and Minho to the exit at a steady run. I stayed towards the back with Newt, Teresa, and Chuck. We eventually made it with the occasional shouts of encouragement from Thomas and Minho.

We came to a corner and stopped before the turn. Thomas peeked around the corner. 

"Is there a griever?" Chuck asked. 

Thomas turned around and said a short "yeah." 

"Shit," Chuck muttered.

"Take this, Chuck. Stay behind us," Minho said as he handed Chuck a cylinder shaped metal thing. 

"It's okay," I said. "Just stick with us." 

I motioned to Teresa, who was putting her hair up.

"Get this to the door and it will open. We stay close - we stick together. We get out now, or we die trying... ready?" Thomas said.

 I looked around and saw multiple boys nod. Several grabbed knives and other weapons from their bags. 

"Let's go!" Thomas yelled as he turned and charged around the corner. 

Teresa, Chuck, and I stayed to the back as they others charged ahead, weapons ready. They all yelled as they charged and held up their staffs, machetes, etc. We ran forwards as a hideous monster with metal spider like legs and a gooey, slimy body, came running at us. 

Griever. 

The boys charged at it with full force and their staffs raised. There was sickening noise as their staffs sank into its gooey flesh. They pulled back their staffs and stabbed again. 

"Push it!" Thomas yelled. 

The boys all yelled as they pushed the griever towards the edge of the ground, where I saw the floor drop off.  It reached forwards with it's claw and grabbed the closest boy, whom I had never met. I watched as the boy screamed and was flung over the edge.

One of the legs stepped near me and I swung and kicked it with all of my might. It slipped a little, but knocked the metal thing out of Chucks hands and sent it flying towards the edge. It rolled as Chuck screamed and ran for it. 

"Chuck!" Teresa called out, running after him. "Watch the edge!"

He grabbed it just before it fell over the edge, but then he started falling over the side. 

"Hang on Chuck!" I yelled as I ran and grabbed his leg. Teresa came and grabbed his other leg so he wouldn't fall. 

"Pull me up! Pull me up!" He screamed.

We pulled him back over the side just in time to see the boys successfully push the griever over the side. We then saw why he screamed to be pulled up . . . Several more grievers were crawling up the side of the bridge. We turned and ran towards the door. 

"They're coming! Thomas!" Chuck screamed as we ran to the door.

We ran to the door as the boys held the grievers off. I heard several boys screaming as the were being flung over the side by the metal claws. We reached the door and the device started beeping as we got closer. The doors then opened and we turned to see the boys still trying to hold off the grievers.

"Teresa! Go!" Thomas screamed. 

We ran in and came to a weird circle thing. I looked back and saw the boys slowly backing into the doorway, still fighting off the grievers. 

"Push them!" Thomas was yelling. 

"Stay together!" I heard familiar British voice yell.

"There has got to be a way out!" Teresa yelled as she tried using her fingers to pull out at one of the cracks in the wall. 

"It won't open!" I screamed to the boys.

Just then, the circle lit up, and asked for a code. 

"Thomas!" Teresa yelled as she looked to the boys. "There's a code! Eight numbers!"

"Minho! What's the sequence of the maze?!" Thomas yelled as he stabbed at one of the grievers again. 

"What?!" Minho yelled. 

"The sections of the maze!" Thomas screamed. "What's the sequence?!"

I watched as they tried to talk and fight of the grievers, who had just flung somebody else over the edge. 

"Seven! One! Five! Two! Six! Four!" Minho was cut off by some people screaming to "look out!" I watched in horror as a griever jumped on Minho and pinned him down.

"Minho!" We all yelled. We watched as he held his staff in the grievers mouth, keeping it inches from his face. 

"Get off of me!" Minho screamed. Then, Jeff yelled and ran and jumped up. He jumped and stabbed his stick into the griever's back, making it squeal in pain. It jumped off of Minho and scurried back behind the others, Jeff still on top of it. 

"Jeff!" I screamed out.

"Minho what's the next one?!" Chuck yelled. 

"Six! Four! Eight! Three!" Minho screamed as Teresa entered the numbers in. The circle then turned green as the boys were almost to us, still fighting off the last few grievers. 

"Almost there!" Thomas yelled. 

Then, the cement doors began falling down, crushing the grievers! 

One almost ran forward and grabbed someone, but Thomas threw his staff at it, sending it backwards and causing it to be crush by the cement door. 

The opening then shut and we were left in darkness.