Chapter 2: Ghostface

(A/N): this chapters a long one, at least compared to chapter 1. I couldn't help but jump right into introducing slashers, so here's Danny! I see him as a playful, sort of mischievous guy with strong homicidal tendencies, especially when provoked by overconfident ego-inflates tough-guys who think that just because he's a little skinny and thin they stand a chance in a fight against him. He's got a thirst for fame and stardom, and gets most of his attention from detailed news reports or his own Instagram account, which is frequently getting deleted, lol. He's a lot of fun to write, and I like how he speaks in italics. It adds a little fun to the pages, I think.

Brrring. Brrring. Brrring. You're roused from your deep slumber by the obnoxious ringing of your home phone. You groaned, rolling over once, twice, waiting for the phone to shut off and stop ringing. When it finally did, it rang again. You groaned aloud, sitting up with a huff. You reached for the phone, plucking it from it's spot and trying to keep the annoyance out of your voice. It was 4 am. Who would be calling at this unholy hour?

"Hello? It's four in the morning what-" you snapped, but were cut off by a low, almost scratchy voice.

"Hello?" The voice was like that from a scary movie, sending an immediate chill down your spine.

"Hello, who is this?" you say after a moment of calming yourself, "I'm sorry for snapping." you apologize as well, knowing all about how Ghostface would kill; it was ridiculous to think this was him, but on the off chance it was, or maybe some copycat, you decided to try and treat them nicely.

"That's alright, sweetheart. I'm sorry to bother you at such an early hour..." the man's voice trailed off, leaving you in an odd sense of anticipation and fear.

"That's quite alright, sir. What can I help you with? Are you looking to speak to someone in particular? Maybe my parents?" you tilted your head, rubbing sleep from your eyes as you did and stretching your jaws wide in a yawn.

"Your parents... they aren't there, are they? They moved out just recently?" odd... this must be one of their coworkers or something of the sort.

"Just yesterday, yes. I can give you their new phone number or-"

"No, no that's quite alright, honey. I'm just fine talking to you. What's your name?" you tilted your head the other way at the odd way this person spoke. You couldn't decide what they wanted. Why would they just call to talk to whoever picked up? Some sort of prank call, maybe?

"What's yours?" you flipped the question, smiling lightly.

"That's not important, at least not right now. For now, I'd like to know who I'm speaking to. I'd like to know the owner of that pretty little smile." You almost drop the phone, your blood running ice cold. You would not admit to yourself that you knew who this was. Just play along, (Y/N), just until you can escape.

"(Y-Y/N)." you stutter out, slowly moving to your feet. You spin in a slow circle, scouring the landscape outside every window. Unsurprised, you saw nothing.

"That's just as pretty as I'd thought..." The voice was almost whimsical, suddenly light as if the caller was deep in thought. "Do you feel... safe, (Y/N)?" you shook your head, and were about to verbally say no, realizing the caller couldn't see you, but he proved you wrong and beat you to the punch with a chilling response, "Smart. Keep alert, sweetheart. Maybe you'll see me around but..." a pause, a silence between his words more deafening than anything you'd heard before, "I doubt you will."

You gulp, and as you hear the click of the call ending, you pull it from your ear and stare down at it as if it's diseased. You had a smartphone, so you didn't need the landline, nor did you want it anymore after that call. You rip the phone's plugin from the wall, letting it rest on the floor, then proceed to creep around your house and lock all your downstairs doors and windows. With the ways in barricaded as best as possible, you feel a little more safe, but hug yourself in your arms and curl up on the couch, shivering nonetheless. Your phone buzzes beside you, and your head snaps to face it. Just as you had dreaded, a text from an unknown number.