Chapter 17: Recovery

(A/N): WARNING: SOFT BOIS AHEAD. They're all babey :3 This book will be wrapping up soon, I'm gonna guess there will be 20-23 chapters or so? I'm still not sure as I don't make plans I just wing it but I know that there isn't much of this book left. I will be starting another Slashers x Reader right after, though, and I have some ideas for my next one planned. I'll probably announce something about my ideas so you can all pick which one you like best. Stay tuned for that, and follow me so you can get the notification when I post the announcement. Enjoy!

You woke up to silence for the first time in days. A comfortable sense of calm covers the house like a thick fog. The sky outside is dark with thick clouds and light wind, thick raindrops falling in sheets and thrumming against the windows rhythmically. You sit up in bed, stretching your arms above your head and shifting to stare out the window and taking a deep breath. You hop from bed, pulling a throw blanket along with you and tucking it over your shoulders as you walk towards the window. You unlock it and push it open, the scent of rain and life washing over you. After the events of the last days, you needed a bit of peace and quiet. You settle onto the ground beside the window, leaning your head against the wall and breathing in the soothing scents, basking in the chilly air, soaking in the sound of the rain. A soft knock on the door startles you out of your calm, your head shifting slowly to the source of the sound.

"Come in!" you whisper-shout, afraid to break the silence as if it were delicate as a spiders web. The door is slowly pushed open by a nervous Brahms, him peeking in through the crack he'd created.

"Good morning, (Y/N)." he says in that cute, scary child's voice, making you smile. He pushes the door open the rest of the way.

"Good morning, Brahms. How is everyone?" you ask, climbing to your feet. Brahms glances out into the hallway, and then turns back to you, nodding his head.

"They're well." he says simply as he steps further into the room. He tilts his head, a concerned glint in his emerald green eyes. You smile, knowing he's silently asking if you're alright.

"I'm doing okay. I know it was for the best, and I know I'd rather have you all alive then have not killed them." It feels shallow to say especially since they're your parents- er, well, were your parents, but they'd never treated you well, and then they'd come along and endangered those who'd made up for their past abuse, helped you heal. Brahms reaches out to pat your head gently, and you let out a light chuckle and wrap him in a hug. "Thanks for all of your help, Brahms." you say into the green fabric of his cardigan. He takes a moment to respond, returning your hug and petting your hair.

"Anything for you, (Y/N)." when the two of you pulled away, the concern in his gaze had been replaced with relief and a deep glow of affection. "I made breakfast for everyone." he tilts his head again as he speaks, then turns and begins to lead the way downstairs.

"Wow, thanks!" you smile wider, glad to have someone capable of taking care of everyone. You remember how scared you'd been of him, the dream Freddy had plagued you with, but now you cared about him just as much as you cared about all of your killer friends. Your killer family, actually, since they had taken better care of you than anyone else ever had in your entire life. As you walk through the hallways towards the stairs, a door a little ways ahead of you creaks open, the door to Michael's room. You tilt your head, expecting him to come striding out to intercept you and cut ahead of you on his way downstairs to kill or something of the sort, but he doesn't, because he's most likely passed out in his bed. You should check up on all of them before heading downstairs... "I'll be down in a moment, Brahms." you call, and he nods and continues towards the stairs, leaving you to creep towards Michael's room.

Unexpected Roommates | Slashers x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara