Chapter 9: Before Freddy Arrives

(A/N): I headcannon that Danny is absolutely inspired by the other slashers and wants all of their autographs all the time no matter what, like, he idolizes them all. He thinks Freddy is the coolest because he can kill people in their dreams and that's new and unheard of. I'm excited for Danny to come face to face with Freddy, try to hug him and get all cut up- It's gonna be funny.

You jolt awake, watching as everyone around you jumps from the sudden movement. Seconds later, the alarm goes off, making Danny jump again with a squeal. You can't help but smile, as Danny recovers and turns to you, Jason rising to his feet and Michael striding into the room. Brahms had been sitting on the sofa and was now standing as well.

"Sweetheart, how'd it go?" Danny asks, a hand on your shoulder. "What'd he say? You woke up on your own." You flipped a thumbs up and Danny's grip on your shoulder tightened, before loosening once more. He pumped his fist in the air with a 'yes!' and rushed gave you a big hug. "That's awesome! Freddy fucking Krueger is gonna live here!" he let you go, then turned to Michael without thinking, diving for a hug. Michael let out a growl, wrapping his big hand over Danny's head and shoving him away so hard he fell to the couch, onto your legs. "Woah, sorry Mikey! Got a little ahead of myself there!" Danny sounded happy, and you were glad. You didn't like him as much when he was stressed. "When does he get here?" Danny turns back to you, hopping to his feet as he does. Brahms approaches to stand beside Danny so all four of them are looming over you, intent to hear the news.

"I'm not sure, but it'll probably be soon." you say, your smile of success and excitement lingering. You hold out your hands, motioning for everyone to back off a little bit, and they do, save for Brahms, who just looms in closer, examining your smile. He jumps like a rabbit when Danny slaps his back with his hand, laughing,

"Ain't she pretty with that smile of hers?" he says, and Brahms shrinks into himself and backs away, embarrassed to have been called out like that. Your smile only widens still and you roll your eyes, standing up and stretching your legs. The feast from your dream had your stomach in despair. You were starving.

"I'm starving, I don't know about you guys." you sigh, pushing past Michael and Jason and heading towards the kitchen. "Come on, let's find something to eat for dinner." You weren't sure what time it was, guessing it was most likely around midnight. You were still fairly tired, but excitement, lingering adrenaline and pride kept you going enough to feed your murder men.

"Can we have bacon?" Danny piped in, slipping into an island chair on his knees and leaning on his elbows on the counter.

"At midnight? No way!" you chuckle, rolling your eyes and turning to the three silent boys. You wanted their input but didn't know how to get Michael and Jason to talk at all, and you were also sure Brahms wouldn't talk without good reason. "Help yourself to the kitchen, you three. Pick something for me to make."

"Wha- not my bacon idea?!" Danny whined, and you shot him a playful glare.

"We can have bacon tomorrow if you stop being a brat." you tease, and Danny silences, shooting a hidden glare at Michael as you see his shoulders shake with a classic 'haha Danny, suffer' chuckle. You watch the three quieter boys move methodically through the kitchen, digging through cupboards for a moment before 'conversing' among themselves, glances at each other's chosen objects. They worked fine together in the end; Brahms had chosen a box of mashed-potato mix, Michael had grabbed pork chops from the refrigerator, and Jason had grabbed a ready-made salad, one where you just had to mix the pre-chopped ingredients.

"This'll do just fine." you nod an approving nod and the three boys sit at the island with Danny, all seats now occupied. You'll have to buy more chairs or get used to the idea of eating at the dinner table. You never really had eaten there, preferring to eat alone at the counter away from your parents. As you started the food you quickly overwhelmed yourself, starting everything at once. In such a large quantity you had bitten off more than you could chew, and were frantically rushing around the kitchen to stop everything from burning.