Chapter 3: Michael Myers

You flipped a pancake with a flourish, jumping as you failed miserably; on the way back to its pan, it managed to land square on your face and bounce onto your wrist, which was holding the handle of the pan. You yelped, sending it back into its pan with a huff. Seconds later, you moved it to a plate with the other pancakes you'd made, turning off the stove and picking the plate up carefully. You spun on your heel, humming as you did, then letting out a yelp at D's figure leaning against the kitchen island behind you. You almost dropped the food, and thank god you didn't. D's shoulders shuttered in a silent laugh as he stood up straight, waving playfully.

    "You're not so good at sensing presence, eh? I've been here a good ten minutes," he added with a playful chuckle, "You're one hell of a pancake juggler." you felt your face heat up at the knowledge that he'd seen your fail, rolling your eyes and scoffing in return.

    "You're quiet, I'll give you that." It felt weird and foreign talking to this infamous murderer you'd brown to fear and hate. You knew he'd killed at least 30 people, probably more, in cold blood simply for fame. You knew he'd gut them and leave them hanging for family and friends to find. You knew he'd basically tortured people by calling, taking photos, anything to play with them and destroy any sense of safety they had before butchering them relentlessly, but right now, you felt... oddly safe. Like you knew he'd respect the deal as long as you did, as long as you didn't call the police or betray his trust. Maybe he'd even protect you if someone were to break in or something like that. One thing you were sure of, is you knew it was going to be nice having someone to talk to; a lot better than living alone, even if your new friend is a seemingly heartless killer.

    "You have to be quiet in this line of business." he responded, breaking you from your thoughts, "So, what exactly do you know about me? I'd be happy to tell you some deep dark secrets in exchange for an article or two about 'em." You smile, dishing out two plates of pancakes and grabbing the syrup from the cupboard.

    "Well, I know the most about the killings documented in Stab 1 through 3, and I also know about a good 15 other murders. I know about your calling and texting tactics, your 'leaving spooky packages' game, and I know you're obsessed with taking people's pictures." to emphasize your final point, D pulled out a camera and took a picture of your face with a click. Out of the front of the camera printed the photo, and he handed it to you once it cleared up.

"You got me there, I'm a bit of a photography nut. Sometime's a shot is just so... irresistible. It often gets me caught by the victim, if they've got good hearing." The camera disappeared into his leather cloak just as he finished speaking. You set the photo aside, leaning on the counter across from Ghostface as he sat down. He stared silently for a moment at the pancakes, before grabbing the chin of his mask and shifting it to sit atop his head; hanging fabric covered his eyes and nose, casting a shadow over his mouth, which was just barely visible. He seemed to catch you staring as he ate, and you saw his mouth curl into a small smile. He pulled his mask back down so the chin hovered over his mouth, speaking into the seemingly built-in voice changer, "Don't go sneaking a peek at my face, honey. It may just be too good-looking for your eyes to handle." you could hear traces of his normal voice over the voice changer since it wasn't as close to his mouth as usual. It sounded smooth and surprisingly high, and you wished you could hear it clearly.

    "Don't worry, I won't. If your handsome face didn't melt my eyes, I'm sure you'd do it yourself." you waved your hands slightly as you said 'handsome face', smiling as he placed his mask back atop his head.

    "Smart." he took another bite of his food, you doing the same. "Good pancakes." he said shortly, taking the last bite of his first pancakes, though he still had two more.