Bad For Everyone

Hi Everyone,

just a warning this chapter will feature loss so if that's is a trigger for you please do not read on. For those who do read on let me know what you think to the story so far!

News traveled quickly on that Wednesday morning. The Peaky Blinders had eyes'e everywhere, down every street, in every pub and every house. It was good for business to keep the community involved and even better for them to be aware of the comings and goings of Birmingham.

This Wednesday morning was no different. Polly was pacing her kitchen waiting for one of the blinders to burst in the door with the information she needed. Desperate is how she felt as she smoked cigarette after cigarette waiting for some news.

Finally the door swung open and she saw Finns face "She's ere' Polly" and Polly let out the biggest breath and hurried past the boy and onto the street.

Amelia was being pulled down the street by Arthur, fighting him every step of the way. John trailed close behind glaring at anyone who dared to look over.

"Arthur let me go!" Amelia demanded as she tried for the second time to pull away.

"I can't, sorry love!"

"Amelia!" Polly called, quickly snapping Amelia out of her anger. Amelia took one look into Polly's eyes and knew something was wrong.

Arthur suddenly let her go as he ran to Polly, grabbing her by the forearms. "Polly what's wrong?"

Polly pulled her inside the house so that none of the neighbors would hear what she had to say.

"It's our Ada" and Polly closed her eye's, shutting Amelia out for a second "I think she's losing the baby"

---

Amelia didn't wait to hear anymore as she ran upstairs to her best friend. Ada was lay in bed ghostly pale staring off into the war. Amelia reacted quickly and began to work but they both knew it was too late. Ada had stopped Amelia half way through her checks and burst into tears at the loss she was enduring.

Amelia felt useless as she hugged her friend and placed soothing pats across her back. If only she hadn't left for the past two days, could she of done something? Ada after an hour had drenched Amelia's top and gone back down to place her head on the pillow.

"You're going to be okay?" Amelia whispered, tears filling her eyes "I know it doesn't feel like it right now but you will" and she grabbed her friends hands and squeezed.

Ada only replied with a little sob.

"Do you want me to go get Freddie?" she asked softly.

Ada shook her head "Tommy won't let him come to the house"

Amelia shook her head "Don't worry I'll get him here okay? just try and rest for me" And Amelia placed a blanket over her friends shoulders and left the room. 

Polly was sat at the table swirling a whisky in her hands when she looked up to find Amelia stood there.

"She lost the baby?" she asked without looking back up.

Amelia bit her lip "Yes"

Polly didn't have to say a word to know that Polly was suffering for her niece and the pain she was going through. Amelia only wished life wasn't so fair.

"I'm going to speak to Mr Shelby about allowing Freddie to be here" and she turned, not needing a reply from Polly and headed out back onto the street. The cold chill of the afternoon was a welcome feeling across her cheeks as it breezed past but it was short lived.