ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵒⁿᵉ

╭┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄╮
𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘴 𝘤𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘭𝘺
𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘢
𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘤 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦
╰┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄╯

''ALMOST THERE!''

Noelani glanced over her shoulder, Travis had stopped to wait for his twin brother, Connor, to catch up, not wanting him to become monster chow. She notched an arrow onto her bow and drew back, firing quickly. The arrow flew over the blonde's heads and embedded itself into the fury's side. The thing - that had once been a lovely old lady asking for directions - screeched. The howl echoed through the woods and Noelani found herself hoping it had carried itself all the way over to Camp. Maybe then their chances wouldn't be so low. Not hesitating a second longer, she sprinted towards her friends, grabbing Connor's other arm and drapping it over her shoulder as the two carried him as fast as they could.

They had only gained themselves a few meters distance when the fury pulled the stubborn arrow out. With another hiss, it turned and locked onto the three half-bloods. Noelani looked forward, there was campers at the border waving them over as they shouted encouraging words, Noelani spotted a few running to find weapons. Glancing over her shoulder, she released Connor. ''Keep going!''

Knowing not to argue with Noelani - especially when she was in battle mode - Travis continued to half drag his brother towards the protection barrier. Noelani turned around, swiftly notching another arrow onto her bow, she pulled back and waited. The fury was getting closer. Releasing seconds before impact and diving to the side, Noelani received a slash to her upper arm. She hissed, clamping her palm over it as she turned to see her arrow had stuck itself into the monsters eye. It turned savagely, its attention no longer on the Stoll brothers. ''Noelani! Heads up!''

Relief flooded her before she regained composure - she wasn't out of this mess yet. She turned, swiftly catching a sword by the handle. She nodded in thanks, a small smile on her lips when she spotted Will Solstice - her half brother - running to her aid. Will wasn't in battle often, he preferred to be by the med bays and help the injured, but his sister needed him. Besides, he wasn't exactly useless - he had studied the anatomy of every creature out there. He knew the weak spots.

Spotting a few campers helping the brothers across, a weight was lifted from her chest. Her jaw clenched and her knuckles turned white as she glared at the creature so hard it was beginning to give her a headache. ''What's the plan!'' Will yelled as they circled the fury, it kept snapping its head between the two, trying to decide which one it would kill first. It's arrogance would be its downfall.

''Attack!'' Noelani yelled back before flinging herself towards the beast. She flew over it, her sword pointing underneath her and scraping its back. It arched up, screaming in agony.

''I'm glad you've planned this to your usual level of detail,'' Will sighed as he muttered to himself before skidding underneath the beast, his sword aimed at the monsters inner thigh, right at the top. Golden mist flowed from the wound and it stumbled back, landing on the wound Noelani gave it. It screeched and withered on the spot. Noelani grimaced, raising her sword as she ended the things life in one quick motion, causing it to evaporate in a pile of dust.

She wipped her forehead with the back of her hand, glaring at the grass. She passed Will the sword, mumbling a thanks as she stormed past. Will knew not to take it personally - she would never mean to hurt someone. But she got like this on missions and quests. Being surrounded by death and danger often got her riled up and she would end up injuring herself. He sighed, looking down as he shook his head, his blonde locks sticking to his sweaty face. He doubted Connor being injured would help calm her anger.