ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ

╭┄┄┄┄┄┄╮
𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦
𝘪𝘯𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘺
╰┄┄┄┄┄┄╯

''I, UH, LIKE TO READ?''

Noelani smiled innocently, reaching up to scratch the back of her neck. Annabeth was not impressed with her answer. She raised her brow and leaned back on her leg, staring at Noelani until she would snap. Noelani chuckled nervously, where was Percy when you needed him? He had been in this situation a lot more times than she had. When they found him, she would have to ask him to teach her how to wriggle out of it, she hadn't quite figured it out on her own yet. Annabeth sighed deeply through her nose, getting across the point that she was disappointed. ''Noelani?''

''Uh, yeah?'' She replied, sending a glance at Jason in hopes he would get. He just sent her an amused look and shrugged his shoulders, smirking slightly at her face. She rolled her eyes, some help her turned out to be. She turned back to Annabeth.

''You're dyslexic.''

Jason let out a bark of a laugh, the statement taking him by surprise. Noelani flushed before the colour drained from her face. She laughed awkwardly, though she was an overall good character, she had two negative traits. The first being her anger and the second being her lack of being able to lie. ''Oh, yeah. Who'd of guessed?''

''Noelani-''

''It was in Greek!'' She tried again.

Annabeth merely raised her other eyebrow. ''You're not fluent in Greek - you can speak and translate it now - but you can't read and write it. You wanna try again?'' She cocked her head to the side, showing that she wasn't messing around.

''No, I think I'll pass on that one,'' Noelani said, smiling sheepishly.

Jason cleared his throat, ''Uh, back to Rome?''

Noelani didn't even miss a beat as she took his words as an escape route. She turned to him, happily pretending she couldn't sense Annabeth's intense stare on the side of her head. ''So, we call the Gods by their Greek names because that's their original form. But saying their Roman aspects are exactly the same isn't entirely true. In Rome, they become more warlike. They don't mingle with mortals as much. They were harsher, more powerful - they were the Gods of an Empire,'' she explained before a playful smirk fell on her lips. ''Kinda like the dark side.''

Jason rolled his eyes, a smile playing on his own lips and he glanced at Annabeth, she looked pretty amused too, but her arms were still crossed. Noelani hadn't escaped yet.

''They stood for discipline, honor, strength-''

''Good things then,'' Jason cut her off, feeling the need to speak up for the Roman Gods, though he wasn't sure why it mattered to him. ''I mean, discipline is important, right? That's what made the Roman empire last so long.''

''Debatable - they're good things to have, but they are more forceful,'' Noelani said, a contemplative look on her face. ''They weren't as friendly as the Greek Gods were. For instance - Clovis's dead, Hypnos, he didn't do much except sleep in Greek times. In Roman times, they called him Somnus. He liked killing people who didn't stay alert at their jobs. If they nodded off at the wrong time: boom! They never woke up. He killed the helmsman of Aeneas when they were sailing from Troy. Nice guy, misunderstood.'' She finished with a teasing smile on her face. Jason coughed to hide his laugh.

''But I still don't understand what it has to do with Jason,'' Annabeth said.

''Neither,'' Noelani shrugged, stuffing her hands in her pockets again. ''But if Hera took your memory, only she can give it back. And if I had to meet the queen of the Gods, I'd hope she was more in a Hera mood than a Juno mood.''