ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ᶠᵒᵘʳ

╭┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄╮
𝘴𝘰, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘱𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦
╰┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄╯

''SCARY EYES,''

Noelani mumbled to herself, ignoring the confused yet amused expression on Jason's face as he glanced at her. She was too busy trying to pinpoint the symptoms Rachel normally showed before she passed out, her muscles tensing in preparation. Though Rachel's eyes were indeed scary, gleaming a ghostly green in the fireplace, she didn't pass out.

''Yes,'' Rachel said, her voice hoarse and she was forced to swallow before she could continue, ''The Great Prophecy has begun.''

Pandemonium broke out.

Noelani's expression twisted into one of fear. She hated the feeling, though no matter how hard she tried to bloke it out, it always managed to seep its way through the cracks of her defense system. She shut her eyes shut, her hand left Annabeth's as they crossed against her chest, her nails digging into her forearms as she tried to block it out. Snapping her eyes open in shock, a hand was placed on her back in order to try and comfort her. Noelani looked up to see Jason staring at her reassuringly, his other hand moving to hers as he gently pried it off of her forearm, stopping her from hurting herself. He nodded, not releasing her hand, as he turned back to the redhead. Noelani's cheeks were aflame once again.

''For those of you who have not heard it,'' Rachel said, raising her voice so everyone could hear her. ''The Great Prophecy was my first prediction. It arrived in August and goes like so:   Eight halfbloods shall answer the call,   To storm or fire, the world must fall-

Noelani knew something was wrong five seconds prior to it actually happening. She could feel Jason's hand tense on her back and around her hand. Jason's eyes looked wild as he lost contact with Noelani, shooting to his feet as if he had just been tasered. ''Jason?'' She asked. ''What's-''

''Ut cum spiritu postrema sacramentum dejuremus,''Jason chanted, as if the words were embedded into his mind like a mantra. It took Noelani a few seconds - as well as glancing around at all the halfbloods who looked like they had no idea what was going on - for her to realise that he was speaking Latin. ''Et hostes ornamenta addent ad ianuam necem.''

An uneasy silence settled on the group. Looking around, Noelani saw they were working in pairs, trying to translate the lines, only a few figuring it out. She, however, understood it as if it was her first language. The words she understood, the motive she didn't. Though she might've been a medic, she had no ideas as to why her friend had suddenly began chanting like a Catholic Priest.

''You just - finished the prophecy?'' Rachel stammered. ''-An oath to keep within a final breath,   And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death. How did you-''

''I know those lines,'' Jason winced, his hand shooting up to his temples. Noelani practically leaped out of her seat to make sure he was alright. Shooing his hand out of the way, she placed her own hand on his forehead, he was heating up. She looked at him, their eyes meeting and he sent her a small quirk of his lips. She nodded, releasing him as she moved to sit down. Jason continued to speak to everyone. ''I don't know how, but I know that prophecy.''

''And in latin, no less,'' Drew said, smirking as she pouted her lips and cocked her hips to the side. ''Handsome and smart.''

There was some giggling from the Aphrodite cabin and Noelani furrowed her eyebrows, trying to find out what was so funny? Why was Jason being perfect annoying to them? If there was a list of good traits and you had to tick which ones Jason had, she would be forced to write her own at the bottom saying 'ALL OF THE ABOVE'. Jason sat back down next to her, sending her a side grin and her cheeks flared. She muttered in Greek - knowing that if Jason heard her speak latin he would probably understand it and she didn't feel like embarrassing herself further.