ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ˢⁱˣ

╭┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄╮
𝘰𝘧𝘧 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥
𝘰𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘰𝘯
╰┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄╯

''LANI! DEFENSE!''

Doing as told, Noelani quickly sprinted, stopping outside the 'D' that went around the basketball hoop. She was the position 'centre' but as it was so early in the morning, there was only four people playing so they weren't going by the actual rules, it was more of a free for all. Will and Noelani were on one side and Travis and Conner were on the other. It was early in the morning, so they went uninterrupted. And Noelani smiled as she snatched the ball out of mid air, dribbling it between the Stoll brothers before passing to Will who dribbled down the court as fast as he could, all three on his tail.

Noelani had always been thankful for her friends, and it was moments like these that reminded her why. She had woken up in a cold sweat. Her dream had ended suddenly, most of it being a blur, like a faint memory. She couldn't make out what anyone was saying, or what she had been saying. She had only made out a huge wolf and a very tall Jason - she wondered why she had been so small in her dream. Her scream had woken up most of her cabin, but Will had managed to convince them everything was fine and the Noelani was just a little nervous. He had taken her outside for some fresh air before they collected the Stolls and headed to the basketball court.

They hadn't questioned her, hadn't asked what was going on and they hadn't demanded her to tell them anything. They had simply grabbed the ball and tossed it into play.

''Will! Open!'' She yelled, smiling widely as she ducked under Travis' hand and stepped in front of him, spreading her hands out so he couldn't step in front of her. Will span, quickly throwing it to her. She caught it and continued her way down cort. Travis stepped in front of her and Conner was blocking Will from reaching her. She stopped, eyes darting as to where she could go. Travis lunged and she ducked, spinning to the side. Once passed him, she stepped into the 'D', throwing the ball upwards. It curved perfectly, hitting the rim of the hoop before falling inside.

Cheering, she ran towards Will, the two repeatedly high-fiving with both hands. Sadly, her celebration was cut off when she spotted Piper angrily storming her way through the fields, muttering to herself before wiping her cheeks.

''I'll catch you later, yeah?'' She told the three as she began to jog away. They all yelled their goodbyes before turning to each other, arguing about which one of them was good enough to play against the other two. ''Piper!'' She called, waving her hands above her head just in case she went unheard. The girl in demand turned around, scrubbing her cheeks as she smiled at Noelani.

''He-'' Piper didn't get to finish her greeting as Noelani wrapped her hands around her frame and pulled her into a hug. The glamorized girl instantly relaxed - who would've guessed that Noelani was a great bear hugger. Even though Noelani had muscles - small, but they were there - she was still completely comfortable to rest against. ''Thank you.''

''You looked like you needed it,'' Noelani said, smiling faintly as she pulled back, holding her at arms length. ''Now, do you want to tell me what happened? No pressure though.'' Piper smiled, but she shook her head. Noelani nodded before pulling her back into another hug. Piper had a feeling that she was a hugger.

A shadow ruined the moment as it passed over them. Noelani released Piper in order to place a hand over her forehead, shielding her eyes as she looked to the sky. ''Leo?'' Piper called. And sure enough, there he was, sitting atop of a giant bronze death machine and grinning like a lunatic. Even before he landed, the camp alarm went up. A conch horn blew and all the satyrs started screaming.