Chapter 47: Wanna Bet?

Peng Fe fidgeted uneasily as his eyes flickered about. He dared not face the Goddess in front of him. “Er… do you need something?”

Jinli glanced scornfully at him, her lips twitching. “Don’t bother hiding, I saw all of it. Just take it out.”

“I have no idea what you mean.”

Jinli’s tone sharpened and her voice rose. “Mr Peng! I don’t wish to injure any guest prior to to the official start of the filming.”

“What happened?” Concern flushed Lu Qingyuan’s face as he approached Jinli.

“He filmed us all secretly as we argued.” Jinli’s murderous glare sent Peng Fei’s survival instincts blaring.

Hearing that, Lu Qingyuan’s gentle expression dropped. That outrageous betrayal had even taken He Ye and Lan Ting by surprise. With his face all scrunched up, Peng Fei violently pushed away the accusation. “I did not! Jinli, how dare you frame me…”

Jinli ‘s patience snapped. Charging forward, she grabbed him by his arm. In one fluid motion, she forcibly twisted him into a painful hold.

“Ah!” Peng Fei’s face turned whiter than paper as a piercing pain burned through his arms. His eyes turned misty from the concoction of pain and terror.

Being a gym trainer, his physical capabilities were his pride and joy. It was true, he was much stronger and more muscular than a regular man.

Yet, Jinli had shattered all his presumptions about himself in one swift motion. Those slender, stick-thin arms may have looked harmless, but when they grabbed him, he could not even get them to budge.

As Peng Fei winced in pain, Jinli’s free hand crept into his shirt pocket and quietly fished out the incriminating instrument. Peng Fei’s heart pounded violently. He was frantic but there were nothing he could do to salvage this hopeless situation.

With a gentle tap, the unlock screen flashed on from the dark glass. A pin was needed.

Phew. If I don’t say it, she can’t unlock it. She couldn’t possibly force me to unlock it through violence and torture, right?

In normal situations that might have been true. However, those thoughts were too naive in front of Jinli.

Peng Fei’s mind had never recorded the abnormal existence of walking humanoid figures of luck. However, Jinli was one of them. With their outrageously good fortune, they never needed to know pin codes.

Looking at the screen, she simply tapped a few seemingly random numbers.

Miraculously, the phone unlocked.

Immediately, the voice recording screen popped up. What’s more, even at that moment, it was still recording.

Peng Fei’s jaw hit the floor.

“How did you know my pin?!?”

Staring at the phone, she nonchalantly replied, not even bothering to look up, “Pin? No clue man.”

Peng Fei erupted, “You don’t know? Then how did you unlock my phone? I never knew you were so lowly, spying on others’ pins!”

Jinli simply snorted and deleted the recording. Flinging the phone back to Peng Fei, she smirked, “What makes you think your password even required spying? Even with my eyes closed I could have guessed it.”

“HAHA! Of course, you deny it!”

Jinli eyes rolled so hard her whites engulfed her sockets. She sighed heavily. “Since you don’t trust me, I will do it for you now. Come on, change your password, I will unlock it with my eyes closed.”

Peng Feng was skeptical. Yet, he did not dare to question her unwavering confidence.

“Go on,” Jinli squinted at Peng Feng, taunting him.” Scared?”

That settled it. The fighter mentality surged within Peng Fei’s blood, clouding his judgement. “Who’s afraid?!”

“Great!” Clapping her hands in acknowledgement, Jinli looked at him with admiration. “So chivalrous! But my performance can’t be free. What are we betting?”

An unexpected caution stirred within him. Peng Feng sensed impending danger. Yet, he couldn’t help but think…

What were the chances Jinli could guess a random pin? Isn’t it practically impossible?

Not to mention, if Jinli had this talent, why didn’t she just go buy a lottery ticket and get a jackpot?

A while later, he regretted all his decisions after he learnt how Jinli had just then become two million dollars richer from the lottery. If he had known, he would never have been so rash.

_______