Chapter 58: The Beginning

As if he worried for The Truth Media’s management’s IQ, Leader Long’s eyes drooped as he fell into silence. Then, his gaze shifted onto another name on the data sheets.

Lu Zhengya.

Hmmm, so it was he who acted so quickly. He suppressed the overbearing assault from the Keyboard Warriors.

Looks like it’s also him who hired a professional hacker to expose the dirty secrets of this company.

His lips lifted in into a crooked curl as he read on.

It seemed to him that even if the management did not act in such a stupid way, all of the details would have ended up on the net either way.

“Unbelievable, the Head of the Lu Household would actually do this sort of things. What’s more, it’s for this little actress.” Disbelief flashed across his eyes as a silent mutter escaped his mouth.

“Find this actress called Jinli. I want all of you to watch her every movement. Find out if there’s anything special about her.”

“Yes, Leader Long!”

“So, do we need to impose some control over the drama around Jinli?”

“No, It’s fine. Since Lu Zhengya intends to propel her further, we have no reason to get on his bad side.”

“Yes!”

The next day.

The cerulean blue sky was dotted with little white speckles of flossy clouds. Such immaculate weather. Beside the vibrant, colourful beach umbrellas, the 6 guests alighted from the pick-up van.

“Everyone, from this moment on, our journey on << Survival on the Inhabited Island >> officially begins!”

“Aside from your private and recreational time, the entire journey will be streamed live. There will be no post-production editing or addition of special effects. All of this is done to bring out the most real side of the Survival Experience.”

The host expertly recited his thoroughly rehearsed opening monologue.

Following his cue, the guests left the golden, sparkling beach and went onto the speedboat.

Onboard, the crew immediately began to remove all the stars of their electronic and communication devices.

This was one of << Survival on the Inhabited Island >>’s greatest specialities.

Through these seven days, all of the guests would be alienated from the world. They could only depend on their own abilities to find the resources that the crew had hidden and also to accomplish their missions.

As her phone fell from her tight grip, Jinli’s reluctance erupted on her face. The crew member receiving the phone could even see the complete unwillingness taking form.

The loyal fans who waited in front of their devices burst out laughing, completely losing control:

“My gods, my heart has melted out of pity for her. Production team, hear my plea! Why not just let Jinli keep hers?”

“What the heck! Is this the legendary female NEET?”

With puppy eyes glistening with a thin layer of tears, Jinli whined, “I don’t want to! I can’t bear to leave it alone!”

“Pfft!’ The crew member could not hold back his laughter, “Jinli cant leave it alone? I bet you’ve got some unspeakable secrets hidden on it!”

“This show is 7 days!” Jinli was devastated, her face clouded in deep, dark gloom, “If I can’t use my phone for 7 days, I can’t post my daily Weibo for my fans!”

She might have sounded crazy to people, but they had to admit that her reasoning was sound. After all, she was a true influencer with more than 10 million followers by then.

Oh, my gods! How much Golden Aura will I lose from this?

The crew member was dumbfounded. After his many years in the industry, he could be said to be a veteran. Yet, never had he expected that the reason for refusing to leave the phone would be so absurd.

With a light scoff, he brushed aside the topic and resumed working.

Once again, all the fans watching Jinli responded with a cacophony of laughter.

“What the heck is this reason?”

“OMAIGAWD! I’m so jealous of Jinli’s fans. What a caring idol!!!!”

“As a true-blue Jinli fan, I can let you know. Our little Goddess is just fulfilling her urges to capture and record her beauty. We are just a sidenote for her.”

“OOF! Just a sidenote HAHA!”

“Side note HAHAHA!”

“No worries my goddess! Even if we don’t see your selfies, we are still watching you every moment on the live stream! We can still immerse ourselves in your beauty! Also, since I’m already here, our beautiful Jinli is as gorgeous as ever, even moreso than yesterday!

The crew member hardened his expression and started pressuring the poor, pitiful Jinli.

Quickly, she crumbled under the intense stress and caved in. For the first time in her life in the Human Realm, she did not have her phone within easy reach.

As the speedboat zoomed on, the guests gathered together drinking and chatting. Within instants, the island was in sight.