Chapter 59: << Survival on the Inhabited Island>> Part 1

Slowly and warily, the few of them alighted from the ship, taking their first steps onto the island. In front of their eyes was a small, decaying pathway, made of loose pebbles, mud and fallen leaves. Looking further, all they could see was shrubbery and forest. Not even a hint of human activity could be seen.

How very iconic of an uninhabitable island.

Looking down on the artiste from the speedboat, the host declared, “Everyone, I shall only accompany you to this point.”

Pointing to the lane down, he ushered them, “Follow this path down and you will see a wooden hut. Within it, you will find today’s dinner, the missions and schedules for your week’s adventure.”

“Good luck with your adventure.” The host concluded with a warm, comforting smile.

Finished with his opening, the host turned and left via the only mode of transport available..

Now, the 6 guests were left with the ever-silent filming crew and some behind the scenes emergency reaction crew.

Indeed, it’s true that the stars weren’t exactly left all alone on the island. However, all the crew members had been specially briefed with the same thing.

Unless it was life-threatening, no help should be given.

As the tiny silhouette of the speedboat disappears into the horizon, the 6 of them simply glanced at each other and sighed simultaneously. A hopeless silence then ensued.

“Alright! Let’s get going then!” Lu Qingyuan’s hopeful tone broke the silence.

Nodding fearfully, Jinli followed his lead. Afraid of being left behind, Lan Ting quickly followed.

The remaining three guests mutually stared at one another, similarly uncertain of the best course of action. Finally, a decision was made. They quickly followed the 1st half of the team,

Unsurprising, the wooden hut promised by the host was easily found at the end of the path. Very evidently, this hut was specially built by the crew for the filming. Quickly, they sought refuge within.

Within the forest, sunlight barely permeated through the lush, green canopy. The lighting within the hut was weak and dim, clouding the shelter in a gloomy shadow. The dark, overcast atmosphere was unsettling, constantly stirring Xu Zhiyi’s insides. Looking around, her instincts drove her to tapping on the walls, searching for the light switch. Not long after, the true meaning of an inhabitable island dawned upon her.

Previously, as a viewer, Xu Zhiyi had thought that going back to the basics, living without running electricity and water, was easily doable. Now that she was part of the filming, she was completely handicapped.

Moreover, << Survival on the Inhabited Island >> invented new missions for completely new locations for every episode. This speciality ensured a fresh, adrenaline-pumping experience for the viewers all the time. At the same time, they restricted the possibilities of guest referencing tactics and strategies from past episodes.

The impediment shattered all will and drive to survive within Xu Zhiyi. Standing stationary on the spot, she stared blankly into space, hopelessness paralysing her completely, “No electricity? This darned place is all dark and gloomy! How am I going to survive?”

Unfortunately for the team, she was not the only one stricken by panic. Only Jinli and Lu Qingyuan retained their calm, their survival instincts alive and kicking. Scanning the room, they began understanding their conditions.

“Look! There are candles.”

“We can light them!”

Their speech sounded almost simultaneously, despite being unplanned. Hearing the identical comment, they turned and smiled at each other.

Instantly, their thoughts were communicated. Walking across the room, Lu Qingyuan retrieved the candlestick while Jinli brought the matches placed within a drawer.

POOF!

A warm golden light radiated from Jinli’s palm. Quickly, Lu Qingyuan raised the candle towards the tiny sparkle.

A bean-sized glow cast out between them, cladding the couple in a warm, golden coat.

In that instant, the comments section burst to life.

[Now, I declare you, husband and wife!!!!!!]

[OMG This position is flawless!!! Even my mother asked why the screen looked soooo perfect! <3 <3<3]

[Bless the Heavens! What sort of chemistry is this!? It’s as if the remaining four don’t exist!!]

[Why does it feel so sweet? They aren’t doing anything special?]

[I’m a loyal fan of God Lu, and once believed that Jinli was no match for him. Now… my damn heart is melting…]

[My screenshot has been taken. This! This shall be my computer wallpaper from now on!]

Of course, the couple was unaware of the ruckus going on. No matter what sort of fantasies the fans created, the truth remained. The reality was that the only thing that had occurred on set, was the simple lighting of a candle.

The emergence of the warm glow shook the other guests out of the despair. Quickly, several other candles came to life.

Finally, the room was livened by the comforting flames.

It was only then that the crowd noticed the note at the entrance.

—> Dinner —>

An arrow guided their attention in a certain direction.