2

We're gonna go with no recaps for this story. Also, I have so much pre-written and had to stop because it's midnight and the next scene to write is yet another panic attack scene.

-Time Skip-

-The Next Day-

(Lyrica's P.O.V.)

"Okay so, what happens to a person who has a near-death experience and comes out of it seeing things?" Scott questions. The teens decided to spend their free period in my classroom with me and Hunter. They're sitting in random seats or leaning against desks while Hunter works on more schoolwork and I listen to the teenagers.

"And is unable to tell what's real or not?" Stiles adds on.

"And is being haunted by demonic visions of dead relatives?" Allison says, chewing on her nail.

"They're all locked up because they're insane." Isaac says, looking up from his notebook.

"Ha. Can you at least try to be helpful, please?" Stiles snaps at his nephew.

"For half my childhood, I was locked in a freezer. So, being helpful is kind of a new thing for me."

"Hey dude, are you still milking that?"

"Yeah, maybe we are still milking that."

"Boys!" I exclaim, cutting them off. "I love that you guys can comfortably talk now, I really do. But please, for the love of God, can you not argue every single time you open your mouths near each other?!"

All the teens are quiet after my outburst, staring at me with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry." I sigh, running my fingers through my hair. "Just please, try to argue less."

"Uhm, hi." A new voice says, and we all turn to see Kira in the doorway to the classroom. "Sorry to intrude, but my locker is just outside the class and I couldn't help but overhear what you guys were talking about. And I think I actually might know what you're talking about. There's a Tibetan word for it. It's called 'Bardo'. It literally means 'in-between state'. The state between life and death."

I can't help but grin at the girl, happy that she not only helped but also went out of her way to do it. My smile falls, however, when Lydia speaks.

"And what do they call you?" She sneers and I glare at the redhead.

"Kira." Scott answers with a smile. Kira smiles back and I can't help but smirk a little. "She's in our history class." Scott quickly adds upon seeing the confused faces of his friends.

"So are you talking Bardo in Tibetan Buddhism or Indian?" Lydia asks, trying to one-up Kira.

"Either, I guess." Kira shrugs, sitting down next to Stiles. "But all the stuff you guys were just saying? All that happens in Bardo. There are different progressive states where you can have hallucinations. Some you see, some you just hear. And you can be visited by peaceful and wrathful deities."

"Wrathful deities?" (Just saying, when Daniel said "deities" in the show, his accent was SO thick. It was like he wasn't even trying to cover it. It was great.) Isaac asks. "And what are those?" (They are my crocs! Okay, I need to stop.)

"Like demons." Kira answers with a grin.

"Demons." Stiles echoes, obviously displeased. "Why not?"

"Hold on. If there are different progressive states, then what's the last one?" Allison ponders.

"Death. You die." Kira shrugs.