12

When do you guys want me to go live next? This chapter is thanks to the wonderful person with the Instagram username of zaenight101

Also, let's have a little fun. Somewhere in this chapter is a giant foreshadowing. Let's see who can figure out what it is! Comment here what you think it is! First person to comment it correctly wins!

(Lyrica's P.O.V.)

"We'll catch up." Lydia stops Aiden as Scott, Isaac, and I go to leave.

"What? Why?" I ask.

"There's something here."

"Yeah. Evidence of total insanity." Isaac says and I smack his shoulder.

"We can figure out what's wrong with him after we find a way to keep him from freezing to death." I say.

"Go. We'll be right behind you." Lydia says and we rush out of the house.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noah looks down at a map laid out on a deputy's desk, breathing rapidly as he tries to think straight. After a moment, he turns to me, Scott, and Isaac.

"If his jeep is gone, that's where we start." Noah turns to Deputy Parrish. "Parrish. Let's get an APB out on a blue 1980 CJ-5 Jeep. Cordova, I want a list of any kind of industrial basement or sub-level of any building that he could've gotten into while sleepwalking. It's the coldest night of the year so far. So if he's out there barefoot in just a T-shirt, he could already be hypothermic. Let's move fast. Let's think fast. You three, come with me."

Noah leads us into his office after giving his commands, and securely shuts the door behind us.

"Okay. Is there anything you need to tell me that I can't tell everybody out there?"

"Lydia knew he was missing." I quickly explain.

"Can she help find him?"

"She's working on it." Isaac clarifies.

"Anything else?"

"I called Derek and Allison for help." Scott says.

"Derek can't help. He's with Hunter right now and he can't be alone in case anything happens." I explain.

"Can you guys find him by scent?" Noah asks. There's a knock on the door and Parrish walks in.

"We got it, Sir. We found the jeep." Parrish explains and we all rush out of the building. I ride with Noah as he and several other police cars follow us to Beacon Hills Hospital.

Upon arrival, Noah quickly parks next to the jeep and we bolt out of the car, hoping to find Stiles safe in his vehicle. Noah rips open the door as Scott, Isaac, and I wait for the verdict.

"It's dead." Noah tells us. "He must have left the lights on."

"Why would he come here?" Scott asks.

"Let's find out." Noah shuts the door and we all rush for the doors. Melissa meets us in the hall.

"Security's doing sweeps of every floor. Nothing yet." She tells us.

"What about the basement?" Noah asks.

"Follow me." She nods. Noah and the other cops follow her while the teens and I go to meet Derek on the roof.

As we push open the doors, the cold slams into us and we spot Derek looking over the side of the building.

"He's not here. Not anymore." He says.

"You mean the whole building?" Scott asks.

"Gone." Derek confirms.

"I'll go tell Stilinski." Isaac sighs.

"And see if you can find Allison." Scott says. "She's not answering her phone."

Isaac nods and runs off, and Scott and I jog up to Derek's side.

"Notice how strong the scent is up here?" Derek asks us. "Ever hear of chemo signals? Chemical signals that communicate emotion. And just our sweat can give off anger, fear, or disgust. Take a deep breath. Tell me what you feel."

"Stress." Scott answers.

"And anxiety." I finish.

"What was he doing up here?" Scott ponders.

"I don't know." Derek replies. "But there was definitely some kind of struggle."

"With who?"

"Himself."

I turn on my heel, turning to pace the length of the roof while dragging my fingers through my hair.

"Lyrica?" Scott asks. "You okay?"

I ignore him, continuing to pace. I feel my heart rate going faster and faster until I finally snap and my right fist flies out, making contact with the cement wall of one of the small control rooms. A loud bang sounds from the impact along with cracking. The cracking being both the cement and my bones. I barely pay any mind to the pain, dragging my fingers through my hair again and continuing to pace.

"Holy crap, Lyrica." I hear Scott gasp. "Derek, what's going on?"

"She's distressed. Go back downstairs with Isaac and Stilinski. I'll calm her down."

Their voices are simply background noise that I tune out, too busy trying to think of where else Stiles could possibly be.

"Lyrica."

I continue pacing.

"Lyrica."

It's a little louder, but I ignore it, trying to come up with ways to help find Stiles.

"Lyrica."

It's much closer this time, and a hand latches onto my arm, preventing me from moving. I look up at Derek, and he doesn't say a word. He pulls me to his chest and I uncontrollably break down. I wrap my arms around him and his hold doesn't falter, holding me close to him as I sob into his shirt.

"I know things are hard right now." Derek slowly and softly speaks. "But I promise you, we'll find him. We'll find Stiles and bring him back home, safe and sound. Hunter will be alright. He's a strong kid. He can come back from this. He just needs some more rest."

"We don't know that, Derek." I cry. "He's so weak."

"You can't think about that. Cora was on the brink of death and she survived. You nearly died numerous times and you survived. If that kid is anything like you, and we both know he is, he'll make it through. Just breathe. We'll find Stiles before you know it."

"You're right." I hiccup, trying to calm myself down.

"Mom! Dad!" Isaac's voice pierces the night air. "Lydia just called. She thinks she knows where he is."

"Let's go." I pull from Derek's hold, my hand locking with his and pulling him towards the door.