SIX

~~~

"I love what you did with the place," Nico comments looking around the basement in appreciation.

"Ann helped but then again that's the least she can do given the fact that she is staying in your room," Sarah says sitting on the neatly laid bed.

"What's up with her anyway? You didn't mention her the last time you visited." Nico sits beside her.

"That's because Jacob brought the stranger into our house a week ago. He met her at Sunshine Motel and she apparently needed a place to stay." Sarah rolls her eyes.

"Jacob probably has a crush," Jonah says.

"You are the one with the crush," James counters.

Jonah sticks his tongue out and starts making faces to mock his twin.

Nico smiles as he watches both of them. Sarah stares at her brother, "I am happy you are home," She whispers.

Nico tilts his head to meet Sarah's eyes, "Me too,"

"Where are the prison stab wounds?" Jonah squeezes himself in the middle of Nico and Sarah.

"What are you talking about? I have no stab wounds."

"That would have been so cool," Jonah mutters.

The room falls silent when they spot Jacob coming down the stairs. He walks into the basement. In an instant, his eyes lock with Nico's. Jacob only visited once during the time Nico was in prison, so they are both seeing each other for the first time after 3 years.

Jacob is muscular which far different from his physique three years ago. His newly built body makes Nico look like the younger one, it's intimidating even.

Nico never cared to workout, not in prison and definitely not the outside world. Nico looked pretty much the same, only taller.

"I brought Chinese food," Jacob announces.

"The last one to get to the kitchen is a butt," Jonah yells, taking the stairs as he races before anyone can.

"What?" James says in confusion but runs to catch up with his brother nonetheless.

Sarah stands up, aware of the tension between the siblings. She looks at Jacob to confirm if it's okay to leave them alone in the basement.

Jacob slightly nods.

"Join us for dinner," Sarah says to Nico.

Nico nods as Sarah walks out of the basement.

The two men stare at each other for a while before Nico breaks the Ice, "Dude, what weight have you been lifting?"

"I want to be sure I will be able to knock you out if the situation calls for it," Jacob says with a straight face.

"Oh, I am scared." Nico feigns fear.

The two burst into laughter.

"Welcome home." Jacob nods. Nico nods as well.

"See you downstairs," Jacob says before he walks out.

~~~

They are all eating dinner in silence when Beth walks into the house. She goes to check up on David in her room before she walks into the dinning.

"What's up with the hair, rock star?" Beth mocks as she picks up a pack of Chinese food from the table and proceeds to take a seat on the counter, given the fact there's no room left on the dining table.

Gianna finds it weird that it's the first thing she says to her younger brother who just got out of jail, but then again, it's Beth. She doesn't seem like the sensitive type.