TWENTY FOUR

"Wow, you are well-traveled," Ashton mutters as he drops his glass of wine on the table.

Ashton started the dinner by talking about his travels to impress Gianna but then she started talking about hers and he became quiet.

Usually, old Gianna will let him talk all about himself and all his achievements, even laugh at his jokes, so he will feel good about himself but this is Ann. Ann doesn't have to build a guy's pride by looking dumb.

"Don't act so surprised." Gianna chuckles.

"I am sorry, but I am confused as to why a woman as sophisticated and well-traveled as yourself, live in the worst side of Purple's Ville and also with the Bailey's. No offense, to your family friends of course."

"They are not as bad as people make them out to be." Gianna defends.

Ashton shakes his head in disapproval. "And Nico?"

"He is-" She pauses for a while. "My friend." She says with a smile on her face as she reminisces the fun they had earlier today. They talked, laughed, flirted, and talked some more.

"I am sure," Ashton says flatly. "How did you say you guys know each other again?"

Gianna clears her throat. "Hmmm, so my mum was good friends with their mother. I am a little late but I decided to visit when I heard their Mum died." She lies. "Since I love it here so much, I decided to stay."

"Well, I am glad you stayed. If you didn't, I won't be having dinner with the most beautiful woman I have ever met." Ashton smiles.

"I won't say stop, I like flattery."

"And I like you if that's not too forward," Ashton confess, nervously.

She wishes she can say it back but she's really not feeling the vibe. Maybe because all she can think of is Nico.

It's like he incepted her thoughts somehow. That ass hole.

She shifts awkwardly before smiling and shaking her head. "It's not. Talking about being forward, about my proposal? I was thinking-"

Ashton interrupts, "Let's skip the business talk, for now, we haven't even gotten to dessert yet."

This isn't the first time he shot down her attempt to bring up her proposal, he did it in the car. Gianna is beginning to worry that Nico is right and he doesn't have the power to get his dad to look into her proposal.

"Sure," She half-smiles.

~~~

"She is not that bad." Nico defends.

Sarah has been expressing her joy that they can finally have a family dinner without Gianna present.

"I am not saying she is bad, in fact, I am getting comfortable with her already," Sarah says dropping the chicken on the center of the table.

"But let's all admit that she can be such a diva," Beth says.

"Yeah." They all day in unison.

"Okay, this dinner is not complete without Adam. Let's give him a call." Sarah claps her bags before rushing to the sitting room to get her phone.

"I stopped by the garage and I have seen what you've done to the place," Jacob says.

"Oh,"