01: He's a mess

The moon hid behind the clouds. The streets were empty. Except him, no one was in sight. He had his jacket slung over one shoulder. The silence around was deafening. It was a miracle that he had made it this far being so drunk. His house was near. He couldn't see it. It was blurred, but still he could sense it was his house. He walked up to the gate. But stumbled upon the stairs. He fell down and hurt his head. The blood on his hand had dried off. But all that pain was nothing compared to his heartache. He didn't try to get up. He didn't even bother moving. Tears rolled down his cheeks.

He was a mess.

He felt hurt, betrayed, unwanted..., unloved. He hated himself for being so weak. He hated that he trusted them. He hated them.

He laid right there on the stairs to his gate, for God knows how long before closing his eyes.

When in the morning his mom opened the door to get the newspaper, she was terrified. She had never seen her son in such a state before. Then again, when has her son ever been like this? He was a nice kid. Always home before curfew, never smoked, never got into fights and never consumed alcohol before.

She called his sister out, who looked just as shocked. Both women carried him inside the house and laid him on the couch. Mrs. Silvane tried to find the first aid kit while Elena ran to get some water.

He was reeking of alcohol. There was dried blood on his temple and his hand. By looking at his face, anyone could tell that he'd been crying.

Elena brought some water and a towel. She cleaned his wound up and bandaged him. Mrs. Silvane tried to wake him up but he didn't budge. He was wasted.

Both the women decided to let him rest on the couch only. Both were worried. But decided to wait for him to wake up and explain. What could've happened that caused him to drink so much? They both wondered.

Mrs Silvane was about to call his only friend and his boyfriend to ask what had happened, but Elena stopped her. She said it's better if they ask him directly. She tried appear calm but she was just as worried.

She hated the fact that she wasn't there. What if something terrible happened and I wasn't there for him? What if he needed me and I wasn't there? She kept wondering.

Both of them had always been protective of him. After all he was their baby. After his father left, the children were all Mrs Silvane was left with. As she worked her ass off to give them a better life, it was Elena who raised him. Despite being his sister, she had always loved him as if he was her own son. He was the light of their eyes. The reason of their happiness.

Seeing him passed out on the couch, with his temple and hand bandaged, broke their hearts.

🌿

He abruptly sits up. He was panting. It seemed like he had a nightmare. He wiped some sweat away with his sleeve. He looked around and found himself in the living room. Turning his head around he looked at the wall clock. It was past noon. He slowly gets up. His head hurt because of his hangover. His feet were killing him because of all that walking last night. He had to walk home. It took him over an hour. Maybe more.

But the pain and hurt he felt in his heart was beyond all that.

He slowly dragged himself towards the kitchen where his sister was making coffee for herself. His footsteps made her turn around. She rushed to his side and helped him sit on a chair in front of the counter.

"Hey. How are you feeling? Do you need a doctor?" She asked softly once he sat down. He looked up at her and smiled. It wasn't real. She could see it, but didn't question.

"I'm fine" He finally managed to say. His voice was barely audible.

Elena turned around and took out a bottle. After filling a glass with its contents, she handed it to him. He looked at her with a questioning look on his face.

"It's lemonade. I read somewhere that it helps with hangover. It will reduce your headache." She gave him a small smile. He croaked out a thanks before gulping it all down.

"I want to sleep." He said as he kept the glass on the counter. He stood up cautiously and walked out of the kitchen. Elena wanted ask but she didn't. He'll tell when he feels like it. She thought.

He walked straight up to his room and locked the door behind him. He went in the bathroom and locked that door as well. He didn't bother removing his clothes. He entered the bath tub which was already filled with water and crouched down. He hugged his knees and brought them close to his chest. Tears started streaming down his face. He rested his face on his knees and cried. Thoughts that he was trying really hard to push away, started running through his mind, all at once.

What did I do to deserve this?

Why was I not enough?

I loved them both. I truly did.

Why did they do that to me?

If you've picked this book, THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH

I have been wanting to write a book for so long, but I always deleted it before posting, because I tend to overthink.

I still am self conscious and I overthink A LOT.

I am just that way. So if you like it please leave a comment. And vote if you like. Even if you find anything wrong in my story, feel free to criticise me.

Again, thank you so much for giving it a try.
≥3