08: "Worried about me?"

By the time Eli finished telling everything, he had tears in eyes. Andrew was raging with anger. He hated Tyler for what he did and wanted to kill him.

"So, that fucknut drugged you, tried to rape you, then punched you, and then banged your best friend. He's so dead." Andrew growled.

"Let him be. I don't even want to see his face." Eli mumbled as tears made their way down his cheeks. Andrew quickly stood up and wrapped Eli in a bear hug. Eli wrapped his arms around Andrew and sobbed.

They had already skipped a class but who cared.

Andrew hugged Eli tight until he stopped sobbing.

🌿

The next day when Eli met Andrew, his beautiful face was bruised.

"Oh my god, what happened to you?" Eli screamed and held his face. He moved to side to examine his black-eye.

"I tripped." Andrew chuckled.

"Tell me the truth." Eli glared at him.

"Okay, okay. I got into a fight." Andrew confesses and smiled sheepishly.

"See how you ended up." Eli said and turned Andrew form side to side and examined.

"Oh, you should see HIM." Andrew snorted.

"Whom?" Eli asked and removed his hands from Andrew's face.

"The guy I fought with."

"Who did you fight with?" Eli asked and placed his s hands son his hips.

"You'll see." Andrew smirked and grabbed Eli's hand before walking.

"I can walk on my own, you don't have to hold my hand." Eli said while his ears were turning red.

"But I want to." Andrew casually said and Eli blushed.

Andrew didn't leave Eli's hand even when they walked into the school gates.

When they reached Andrew's locker Eli pulled his hand away.

"I don't wanna be late for class." He said and walked away as fast as he could. He was as red as a tomato and didn't want Andrew to see him like that. That'd be so embarrassing.

Eli quickly got his books from his locker and took off for art class. When he was nearing the class he saw Tony and Tyler talking.

Surprisingly(or maybe not so surprisingly), Tyler had a broken nose, a black-eye and his a broken arm. Eli turned around and waited for Tyler go away. He didn't want to see him. He glanced at where they were standing and the space was empty.

Phew.

Eli walked into his class and sat at his now usual seat. The last one.

🌿

When at lunch Andrew came, Eli grabbed his arm and dragged out of the cafeteria. He led him a bit away from the cafeteria.

"Geez, what happened?" Andrew asked.

"You tell me." Eli said and crossed his arms over his chest. Andrew frowned in confusion and Eli raised his brow.

"Okay, so you saw him." Andrew said and sighed.

"Yes. What the heck did you do? You broke his nose and his arm. Do you know how stupid that was? He could've seriously hurt you. You don't know him. He's going to come back at you." Eli was so angry. Andrew didn't realise what Tyler was capable of. He'll sure gang up on Andrew and beat the shit out of him.

"Are you worried about me?" Andrew wiggled his brows and Eli glared at him.

"Why the fuck did you beat him?" He asked.

"Because he hurt you. Both physically and emotionally. That fucktard had it coming." Andrew casually said and shrugged.

"You did that for me?" Eli's brows knit together. He thought Andrew fought because of what Tyler said to him. Did he really fought with him just because of me?

"Yeah. Now come on, I'm starving." Andrew turned around and walked back into the cafeteria. Eli followed him with a tint of red on his cheeks and a small smile on his face.

🌿

The walk back home usual; Andrew talking non stop and Eli smiling stupidly. When they were about to part ways Andrew suggested they hang out the next day, since it's Sunday. Eli didn't have anything else else to do, so he agreed.

Eli reached home and plopped down on the couch.

"Hi, Eli. How was your day?" Mrs Silvane came out of the kitchen and smiled at Eli.

Eli wasn't expecting her home. She is always busy with her work. She's a nurse after all. Most of her time is spend at the hospital.

Eli stood up and enveloped her in a tight hug. Mrs Silvane chuckled and rubbed his back.

"Oh, I missed you too." She sighed.

When they pulled away, Mrs Silvane sat down and Eli placed his head on her lap.

"You took a half-day leave?" He asked.

"Yes. And I have a good news." She said as she stroked Eli's hair with her hand.

"What good news?" He adjusted his head to look at her face.

"I got promoted." She smiled and Eli sat up.

"Really?" He exclaimed.

"Yes. I'm joining as the head nurse starting this Monday." Eli wrapped her in a hug again and both of them had big smile plastered on their faces.

As a nurse his mom had so much work. She sometimes didn't even come home. But being a head nurse will make it easier for her. More pay, more responsibilities but somewhat less work.

"I'm so happy for you." Eli sighed as he pulled away.

"I'm glad you're happy." Mrs Silvane smiled.

"Okay, was I adopted or what? Why don't I get such beautiful hugs?" Elena's whining made them turn their heads. They laughed.

"Come here." Mrs Silvane opened her arms and Elea happily joined them.

The family did a group hug and Eli felt as if everything's falling back to place. Everything is back to normal. He felt happy.

He had always wanted better for his mom. He didn't want her to work but she had to. Lena and Eli wanted to get Part-time jobs so as to help her but she didn't let them. he always said that they just have to study well and live their lives. She didn't want to ruin their lives by making them work. She wanted them to have fun, enjoy their teenage lives.

She was the best mother in the whole damn world.

Mothers and their love

Let's hear it for moms around the world.

Do comment and vote.
And maybe follow me?
;)