Chapter 15

"What? I thought you didn't want me involved in your work?" I said.

"I don't, but you were right. The only way to keep you safe is to keep you with me...plus I think it'll be fun." he shrugged.

"Where are we going?"

"Sicily, for a week. We're staying in one of my homes with the main group and the rest of the gang will be staying nearby."

"Wait, really? Sicily? As in Italy?" I exclaimed excitedly.

"Yes, have you been before?"

"I've never even been out of Philadelphia." I said.

"Wow."

"Can Ivy come too?"

"I suppose so." he sighed.

"Then I'm looking forward to it." I smiled.

"Oh and I want you to take my credit card." he said, taking out his wallet.

"What? Why?"

"You'll need some new clothes. Go with Ivy and Jonathon and buy yourself some."

"I'm not taking your money Reed." I said, putting my hands up.

"Yes you are, I have more than enough of it. Spend as much as you want."

"Oh, okay. Thanks." I stammered awkwardly.

I carefully took the card and got up out of my seat, leaving the room.

I felt bad using his money but I suppose he was right. He does have more than enough and now that I'm not allowed to work, I'm running low.

I was excited to be getting away from here for a while, but I was nervous to see more of Reed's work.

Although I'd dealt with small parts of it, something was telling me that this time would be a little different.

I'd never seen Reed fight and the thought scared me slightly. Not that he'd let me see him fight though. He'll probably keep me locked away in a house somewhere.

However, after our conversation I'm glad that I finally know where I stand with Reed. Being 'just friends' is a lot less stressful and takes a weight off my shoulders.

No matter how hard it may end up being.

~

An hour or so later, we'd set off and Ivy, Jonathan and I had arrived at the high street.

Jonathon had taken us to the most expensive stores like Gucci and Louis Vuitton.

"Jonathon, are you sure you can't take us somewhere more...casual? We only need a few summer outfits."

"Sorry ma'am, I'm on strict orders." he shrugged.

Of course he is.

"Oh my gosh, this is so generous of Reed! I've never shopped anywhere this fancy before." Ivy exclaimed, staring out of the window in awe.

"I know..."

"I can't believe he's taking us on vacation, this is so exciting!" she chirped.

We got out of the car and began walking down the high street, looking in the windows of all the intimidatingly large, glamorous stores.

We decided to start our summer shopping in Versace and the store was absolutely huge. There were 3 large glass windows at the front of the store and inside, the store was decorated with all it's signature colours

We were immediately approached by a sales assistant and I felt utterly out of place.

We certainly didn't look as though we should be shopping there and I could see that the other customers felt the same way, by the nasty glares we were receiving. However, the sales assistant had obviously seen us getting out of the limousine and caught on quickly.