Chapter 25

By the time the next morning came around, I was exhausted.

I hadn't slept the previous night and I was dreading the long flight home. I wasn't ready to leave, but maybe one day I'll get to travel again.

I reached over to my bedside table and grabbed my phone. It was 7.30AM.

I quickly got up to get showered and changed, before heading downstairs for breakfast.

When I reached the hallway, Ivy was struggling to drag her huge suitcase down the stairs. Blade then joined her and lifted the bag with one hand, laughing at her as they walked.

As I observed my two friends, I saw how happy they were around each other. I saw how they made each other better and it made a large smile form across my face.

I wished that one day, I could find a love like Kayla and Tris or Blade and Ivy. Maybe one day that would be possible.

"Good morning love birds." I cooed, walking out to greet them.

"Shut up!" they both chimed.

"Did you enjoy the trip newbie?" Blade asked, playfully punching me in the shoulder.

"Yeah, it was amazing." 

"I know right, I never want to leave!" Ivy whined.

"Oh please, I'm ready to go home. I'm sick of living with all of you!" Blade joked.

"Haha very funny." Ivy said, rolling her eyes whilst softly pushing him.

As they made playful contact, I could see both of them smiling at each other and it warmed my heart. 

I want someone to look at me the same way that Blade looks at Ivy.

~

After breakfast, we loaded the car with all of our bags and got ready to leave for the flight.

Tris, Kayla, Ethan and Cyrus took one of the Jeep's, as Blade, Ivy and I waited for Reed to lock up the house.

Of course, Blade and Ivy were distracted by one another's presence as I stood by the car looking at the gorgeous Italian view for the last time.

All of a sudden, I felt an arm slide over my shoulder. I looked up to see Reed, his gaze fixed on the mountains in front of us.

"Beautiful isn't it?" he said.

My stare fixed onto the side of his face and I analysed every feature. His olive toned skin was shining in the direct sunlight and his hair was flopped over to one side after becoming messy from the wind. His eyes were a lighter shade of brown than usual and his lips were bent up into a slight smile as he watched over the mountains.

"Yeah..." I mumbled softly.

His eyes then made their way to meet my gaze and we held eye contact, which caused butterflies in my stomach as it usually did.

As our stares remained on each other, I suddenly snapped out of my trance.

"We have to go." I said, peeling his arm away from me and walking towards the car.

I need to get back to reality.

~

During the flight, I spent most of my time sat alone as the others slept. I needed the time to think. 

Over the last few days, everything's just been so intense. I've been falling for Reed harder than ever and it had to stop.

There was just a constant voice in the back of my mind telling to try...that there was hope for us. That maybe he won't go through with the wedding and he'll choose me instead.